Where are the refrigerator controls?

rodebiker

OK, I'm fairly competent technically, but cannot find the controls on the Norcold N611v refrigerator to set the temperature on our new North Trail 33BKSS. There is a power switch on the front to turn it off and on, and an LED that is green, yellow, or red depending on the operating status. But that's it. What am I missing?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The temperature controls should be inside of the fridge . . . toward the top in the back!

rodebiker

Just went and looked for the umpteenth time! Only thing inside the fridge in the back at the top is some cooling fins with what looks to be a thermister mounted to them. No controls.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I guess it was our old camper that had the dials inside . . .

Here are a couple of shots of our Norcold fridge in the Trail Runner and the control switch on the front (click to enlarge):

CamperFridgeControl-IMG_1923.jpg CamperFridge-IMG_1922.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ron, the only thing I can think of is to move the thermister up or down on the fin. Hopefully someone will remember and report which direction to slide it. Have you checked Norcold's website for any info?

donr827

You can go to the Norcold web site and look up the model number and find the manual for the fridge. You should have received one when you got the trailer.Don

danemayer

Hi rodebiker,

Looking at the N611V manual, it appears there is no temperature control. Gas absorption refrigerators aren't as efficient as home units, so make sure you allow for plenty of airflow inside, don't keep the doors open for very long, and make sure you have a good seal on the doors. As Ray suggested, you might try moving the thermistor position relative to the cooling fins.

olcoon

rodebiker,
The thermister i what you control the temperature with. It should be mounted on the fin all the way, you move it up for colder temperature, and down for warmer temperatures. For the most part, once you find the sweet spot you can leave it in one position. Like Dan said, with an RV fridge you've got to allow air to move around in there. Some people get the little battery operated fan to circulate the air. If I remember right, it should go in the bottom of the fridge, as the air is colder there. Also, again if I remember correctly, for every minute the door is open, according to a seminar I went to, it'll take 1 hour for the fridge to get back to the temperature it was at before the door was opened.

rodebiker

Thanks all. I guess the "temperature control" on this model is to move the thermister up and down the fins to set the temperature. Seems Norcold could have spent $1.00 and put a potentiometer on the front of the fridge. I don't appear to be having any temperature control issues right now, it really just a curiosity. I'll file this one under "if it works, don't fix it".

dsprince

I also have a Norcold N611v and there doesn't appear to be any way to control the temp. It works well anyway, however, on our shakedown run last week of our 22RBK, when we plugged into 30 amp power, the fridge didn't turn over to electric power. The button light stayed orange indicating that the fridge was still running on LP. The only difference I noticed was that the interior light worked with electric connection.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I also have a Norcold N611v and there doesn't appear to be any way to control the temp. It works well anyway, however, on our shakedown run last week of our 22RBK, when we plugged into 30 amp power, the fridge didn't turn over to electric power. The button light stayed orange indicating that the fridge was still running on LP. The only difference I noticed was that the interior light worked with electric connection.

Check to make sure it is plugged in and also physically flip the circuit breaker off, then back on. BTW, I think the interior light is 12v powered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsprince

I will check the breaker and will have to open the panel below to make sure it is plugged in. The reason I mentioned the interior light is because I have the RV plugged into my home on a 20 amp circuit so I can run some lights and other items. The interior fridge light does not come on then. When I plug into a 30 amp service it does come on.

danemayer

If the trailer has 50amp electric service, check other outlets and 110V appliances to see if anything else is not working. You may have lost 1 of the 2 legs coming in due to an adapter problem. Also make sure the power cord connections are all tight.

dsprince

It's a 30 amp service and everything else works. Will open the cover below the fridge and check everything. If I can't find the problem I'll take it to the dealer who should have found this during the PDI.

dsprince

It's a 30 amp service and everything else works. Will open the cover below the fridge and check everything. If I can't find the problem I'll take it to the dealer who should have found this during the PDI.
Well, had the unit to the dealer and they claim it worked OK for them. I wonder if it did change over to power but the switch remained on orange instead of turning green. They also claimed that the GFCI in the bathroom was tripped and that the fridge was on that circuit. Only problem with that was that we had a night-lite plugged into the bathroom all weekend and it worked fine. Will have to keep an eye on it.