Where is my converter? LOL

western

My 1st post, concerning my 1st TT:D

We bought a used 2008 3010TT and brought it home Friday, out side of Carb trouble on the genset (fuel station hose looked poorly installed and had a crimp/bend so bad, the gas ate a 2" hole in it, then add boocoo varnish)

I am trying to find my converter, so I can identify exactly which one I have. I was told I would want a "3 or 4 stage converter", so I want to verify what I have. I do have paper work for an Inteli power 9200 series, but I dont know which model yet and have not been able to tell if this is a multi-stage or not???

I have tried to look behind the fuse panel (on the right as you enter the main door), but I cant get it out far enough to see, am I in the right place?? It has to be somewhere close between the battery and that panel???? On the wall behind the panel is a cabinet and sink, no access panel.

I am glad to have found this site, the "ad" was in the former owners paper work, I have everything but infor on running the furnace and the Water heater, so this site will be a great source of information I hope.

Thanks for your time

jimtoo

Hi Western,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You will most likely need to remove one of the interior side panels in the storage area on the door side of the unit and look in there to find the converter. Hope this helps you find it.

Please think of joining us in the Heartland Owners Club and attending some rallies where you will meet lots of great folks.

western

Jim, Thanks, I will get my chainsaw and see what I can find (kidding of course!!) I looked in the only to noticeable storage areas (under cabinets) and didn't notice any access points, but will go take a second look.

If all else fails, I will send the wife in there, she always finds what I cant!! I just hate eating "crow" all the time !! LOL

western

Hi Western,

We have some owner-written user guides that you might find helpful. There's one on the Heating and Cooling Systems, and another on the Suburban Water Heater. Lots of tips and helpful info. There are also some Troubleshooting Guides. And we've got an extensive collection of manuals for the various appliances and subsystems.
Thanks, I read through a few last night when I registered, allot of good useful reading.

With a TT, it might be located behind the breaker panel.

I tried getting the Breaker panel box out enough, without having to disconnect any wires, but no go. I will have to just go ahead and remove the wires, since that has to be the only logical place left to look. Did find a way to look under the cabinet bottoms, nothing there.

Thanks for the reply's!

jimtoo

You do have a Cyclone 3010 5th wheel, correct? Open the big storage door on the door side and remove one of the panels on your left. The converter is probably mounted in that area under the steps or,, you should be able to see it. The screws are hard to see in the black covering, but maybe just has 4, one in each corner.

western

Jim ,I have a 3010TT, so not a 5th wheel. I did look in the battery box for an access wall, but reasoned they wouldn't be in that close proximity to each other due to possible sparks.

brianharrison

PD9200 are 4 stage "intelligent" chargers. Here is a link with a picture to help identify what it looks like. Clicky. Here is a link with some information on the "intelligent" chargers. Clicky. PD9200 models have the charge wizard built in.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Last edited:

western

PD9200 are 4 stage "intelligent" chargers. Here is a link with some a picture to help identify what it looks like. Clicky. Here is a link with some information on the "intelligent" chargers. Clicky. PD9200 models have the charge wizard built in.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Thanks!!! I have read those when looking at their web page, I didn't know how to "decipher" how many stages all that info added up too! LOL 4 stages means I'm OK (compared to single stage hey told me to stay away from)