Where's the Vent..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a question!!!!

I am not sure but when my kitchen gray tank gets full I think I am getting trapped air pushing the tank up and not venting. I had a brace added to the bottom of the kitchen gray tank (I think it was the kitchen tank) when I had the Mor/Ryde IS installed. Where is the Kitchen and bedroom vent pipes.

There is a vent pipe under the kitchen sink which has valve on the top of the pipe that is screwed on the top of the PVC pipe and it does not rise higher than the sink. Without the valve the water would flow out into the kitchen when the tank is full and flows up into the sink.

Is there another vent out through the roof? The water flows out real well when both the bedroom and the kitchen valves are open at the same time.

Is there a way I can check to see if both tanks are venting properly? Got any ideas?

BC

evolvingpowercat

Those vents are pretty fool proof they only have one moving part allows air to flow in but not back out. Perhaps you are trying to take your grey tank past the engineered full point. Full is not going to be every last bit of space in the tank filled with liquid. It is going to be slightly below that point.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yep.. The sensors never worked and the only way I knew the tank was full was when it set in the sink. I would then go out and pull the gate valve to empty it. Now I get a noise in the floor board before it comes up into the sink. I was thinking the air in the tank was pushing the top of the tank up not letting the water rise up into the sink. Sorta like the burp in the toilet when the black tank is getting full.

I was wondering if there is a vent through the roof or somewhere else as well as the one under the sink.

Thanks for the reply.
BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob, I believe the kitchen grey has a pipe running up behind the reefer. You should be able to see it if you remove the rear reefer vent panel. It's on the right side tucked in pretty tight. It should go up just behind the roof vent for the reefer.