Which gray tank

CaptnJohn

Which gray tank does the W/D empty into? Surely not the black but??? Looking at the 3RLS and 40FLS.

CaptnJohn

I think it goes into the bathroom gray tank.
On my Landmark that would be gray #1
Not the gally #2

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I heard of 1 SOB sending it to the black tank. Either gray can be left open during wash times.

pegmikef

I think it goes into the bathroom gray tank.
On my Landmark that would be gray #1
Not the gally #2

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It depends on where the washer and dryer are located. I have friends (lballard) that bought a new Landmark last year and were caught off guard because in the new one, they drained into the galley tank, whereas in the Landmark they traded in the appliance drained into the bathroom tank. The difference is that the washer and dryer are located in a slide in between the bedroom and galley, whereas in the old one they were located in the front above the pin box.

CaptnJohn

It depends on where the washer and dryer are located. I have friends (lballard) that bought a new Landmark last year and were caught off guard because in the new one, they drained into the galley tank, whereas in the Landmark they traded in the appliance drained into the bathroom tank. The difference is that the washer and dryer are located in a slide in between the bedroom and galley, whereas in the old one they were located in the front above the pin box.

OK ~~ makes sense. I'm looking at an Elkridge when we get back from Florida. The W/D is in the rear of the 40FLS. Only concern is pulling 42' with a SRW F350 6.7. All numbers are OK, just the length is on my mind.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our washer/dryer is located in the front closet and drains into the bathroom gray tank. In the Madison (LM), if I remember correctly, it also drains into the bathroom tank which is located in the mid-rear of the coach.

crussian

While the group is discussing W/D's I thought I'd ask about the amount of water the typical stackable uses per load. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

danemayer

While the group is discussing W/D's I thought I'd ask about the amount of water the typical stackable uses per load. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.
Our stackable has a timed fill cycle that goes for about a minute - maybe a bit longer. So the as the water flow going to the washer varies, the water used varies. At our summer location, the water flow is low - maybe 2.5-3.0 gallons/minute, so I think we use about 2.5-3.0 gallons each time the tub fills. On a light wash cycle with controls set to minimum, I'd guess that's 5-6 gallons to wash and rinse. Maybe a bit more. If you have good water flow it'll be more.

If I have the gray tank valves closed, I ask DW to let me know when she's running multiple loads of wash, so I can better estimate when I need to dump the tanks.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have a Whirlpool stackable which fills the gray tank 3/4 full per load. One quick shower and one load of clothes on normal wash fills the tank.