Which pin box on my 2013 Landmark San Antonio

DarryBob

I just purchased a used 2013 Landmark San Antonio (my first 5th wheel after 5 motorhomes). We are getting a significant amount of chucking with our standard pin box so we will be ordering a Flex Air. I couldn't find a model number on the existing pin box, but by measuring the components of the pin box it appears to be a 1621 or 1621HD.

Can anyone confirm that a 1621 or 1621HD came stock on this model?

Thanks for the help!

Darian & Audrey Means
Livingston, TX

2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio
2015 GMC 3500 HD Denali with B&W Companion Hitch

jimtoo

Hi DarryBob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Not 100% sure, but most likely it is the 1621HD as that is the standard they use on the bigger units. But to be sure I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

rxbristol

I just purchased a used 2013 Landmark San Antonio (my first 5th wheel after 5 motorhomes). We are getting a significant amount of chucking with our standard pin box so we will be ordering a Flex Air. I couldn't find a model number on the existing pin box, but by measuring the components of the pin box it appears to be a 1621 or 1621HD.

Can anyone confirm that a 1621 or 1621HD came stock on this model?

Just went through this with our 2014 San Antonio. Ours had the 1621HD. I called Lippert and gave them the serial number to verify. That said, the Flex Air will fit. I ordered ours about a week ago and it should be in next week.

DarryBob

Thank you all for the confirmation. It is the 1621HD and my Flex Air will be installed on Thursday.

Being new to this forum and community, I didn't realize the Heartland Owner's Rally was being held this week at the fairgrounds in Goshen where I have a reservation starting today. It will be great to meet up with more Heartland owners and learn about our rig.

DarryBob

We had the Lippert Flex Air installed on Thursday at the Lippert service center in Goshen. We got there a bit before 7AM and we were on the road about 45 minutes later. Great service and great people. We traveled about 250 miles to southern Indiana and all I can say is, what a difference. We had experienced a lot of chucking before the install but I can honestly say that it was the best, most relaxed day of driving I have ever experienced (I've only had the 5th wheel a short time but 5 motorhomes prior to that including 3 large diesel pushers). The chucking was greatly diminished. It was my first experience watching how much the 5th wheel will move independently with the new pin box.

Thanks again to everyone who provided information on the proper pin box replacement.