Which Truck

jimtoo

Well,,,, I guess I'm gonna hav to get me an interperter here... all this code or forigin language stuff just don't ant settleing right in my head.. I know ya'll mean good,,, cause ya'll Heartland owners,, but ya'll must be talking above my head or in code. Guess I'll juest set back and wait till somone explanes this stuf to me.. I kinda guess ya'll talkin bout trucks, but not shure..Personalaty I drive a GMC... everbody says that means "gotta mechanic coming"... but I don't think so.. any nevr had one yet...knok on wood!! And I dun burned 5 or 6 tanks of fuel thou er.. looks good to me...
Jim M

2010augusta

Yeah, with the current Fiat ownership of Chrysler. I sure the trucks will benefit from that Failed Italian Automotive Technology and then Daily Overhauls Do Get Expensive.

jimtoo

R2D2.... HELLO.... come in R2D2,,,, Help me....all this code stuff...R2D2,,,come in please...breaker ,,, breaker,,, one nine..anyone got a copy on this thing???:D:D

4ever

Now I am a Ford truck guy not a Dodge guy however, if Fiat owns Chrysler those trucks just might get very powerful and sporty. Fiat also owns Ferrari and Lamborgini.

truknutt

Committed Member
Now I am a Ford truck guy not a Dodge guy however, if Fiat owns Chrysler those trucks just might get very powerful and sporty. Fiat also owns Ferrari and Lamborgini.

Correction...Fiat S.p.A. owns 56% of Ferrari

Lamborghini is owned by Audi AG, which is 99.7% owned by Volkswagen AG, which in turn is 30.9% owned by Porsche AG. Audi assumed ownership of Lamborghini in 1998.

Basically, Lamborghini is owned by Audi, Volkswagen, and Porsche. The reason Lamborghini is owned by three companies is due to split-ownership.
(---from Answers.com)

4ever

You are correct about Lamborgihini I ment to say Maserati. And I would call 56% an ownership. Fiat owns both Ferrari and Maserati.

OTR

Back to topic...sort of. I am in the same situation as you, except if Toyota made a 1-ton diesel it would be an easy decision for me. I am banking on Ford's next super duty that will be released in the spring. It is somewhat of a gamble since it will be an all-new powertrain built in house by Ford. Ford does have some really good experience with diesel engines since they have been building them for years over in Europe. The new 6-speed transmission could have some interesting aftermarket support since it features a live PTO that is standard. I also believe that this truck will be Ford's "make it or break it" as far as their future stands in today’s market. Trucks are their bread and butter and they have a lot of money invested into this truck and they can't afford to put out another unreliable diesel product. I also like the fact that they have been surviving on their own dime/credit and have not taken any of our tax money. I believe in a capitalist society and the strong business survives by making good business decisions.

2010augusta

Back to topic... I also believe that this truck will be Ford's "make it or break it" as far as their future stands in today’s market. Trucks are their bread and butter and they have a lot of money invested into this truck and they can't afford to put out another unreliable diesel product.

Make it or break it?? The F-series is the #2 best selling vehicle in the world of all time, with more than 32,000,000 trucks sold. It has been the best selling vehicle in America for 28 straight years. This year the F-series has double the sells of the Dodge Ram, and almost outsold the combined GMC/Chevy numbers.

fsttable560_2.gif

marketshare560_2.gif

If we look at current trends Gm, Ford and Toyota are all increasing for the last year and Dodge is continuing their 5 year slide down and in danger of having Toyota pass them for 3rd place

OTR

Make it or break it?? The F-series is the #2 best selling vehicle in the world of all time, with more than 32,000,000 trucks sold. It has been the best selling vehicle in America for 28 straight years. This year the F-series has double the sells of the Dodge Ram, and almost outsold the combined GMC/Chevy numbers.

fsttable560_2.gif

marketshare560_2.gif

If we look at current trends Gm, Ford and Toyota are all increasing for the last year and Dodge is continuing their 5 year slide down and in danger of having Toyota pass them for 3rd place

I'm not denying the amount of trucks Ford sells against their competition. My "make it or break it" statement is due to the state of the automakers (all of them) in this economy. If Ford has issues with the new super duty when they roll it out, I believe it will hurt them in the future. Ford has had issues with their diesel trucks since they rolled out the 6.0 powerstroke's and they can't afford to have issues when they role out the 6.7 powerstroke. I hope they get it right because I'm planning on buying one this spring. I will of course buy an extended powertrain warranty as I did with my 2007 Tundra that has a 5.7L and a 6spd auto. It was a first year powertrain for Toyota, and knock on wood I've had zero issues in 28 months and 73,000 miles.

I want Ford to come out ahead because of my personal business ethics. I think that Chrysler/Dodge will be out of business in the next 18 months if not sooner. Chrysler issued today that they are splitting up the company into two separate divisions; Trucks and Cars/Minivans. The only thing that will save Chrysler is if they pull a hot product out to market in the next 12 months (i.e.: minivan, 300C). If Toyota had a 1-ton diesel it would be the nail in the coffin for Dodge.

I think GM will survive because of it's loyal following as will Ford. I think Ford can do it with out any bailout funds though.

Happy Camping,
OTR

Retired CPO

Ya had to do it didn't ya. Opened that can of worms.:D I saw that ad for the 2011 F450 and even though I'm a Chevy/GM lover, that F450 is one nice lookin rig. Buy whatever your heart desires and can get the best deal on. They're all good!

Listen, Whatever you do get the (more than likely) Last large HD Truck you may own according to your fit & feel for the power and performance you want. Be sure to get everything accessory you desire, the right colors etc. Do settle for. Personnally I love my 08 SD F350, I've make a few chg's but many do the same no matter what brand they purchase.
Travel far & wide to search for it as many GM's at the dealerships have different markets to satisfy when ordering their stock. Some dealers may be on hard times and offer a vehicle at their invoice minus the National ad costs. Wait for the 2011's and compare, Dodge may not be around then or scaled down to a smaller unit "they lost the big Truck battle"

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Ya had to do it didn't ya. Opened that can of worms.:D I saw that ad for the 2011 F450 and even though I'm a Chevy/GM lover, that F450 is one nice lookin rig. Buy whatever your heart desires and can get the best deal on. They're all good!

Looks like Ford getting cheaper on the new F-450s....

Biggest issues I see are: 1) Rear end goes from Dana 110 to a Dana 80.
2) Front diff goes from Dana Super 60 to standard Dana 60.
3) Wheels go from 19.5" to 17" - that means no more F or G load-rated tires.
4)Towing capacity remains the same, but payload drops considerably (I forget the # quoted, something like 500-600 lbs.)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...-weight-gains-better-gas-mileage-article.html

scotty

Do what Other have Done before, Get Educated on what is the best truck available.

;) Had a 2000 PSD 7.3 no question, loved the truck, untilllllllllllll I tried a Cummins CTD, no comparision. Understand I bought the Cummins, the Dodge just came with it.