Who has camped around Washington DC?

Mattman

So one of the locations in my future plans for camping is possibly DC. Show the kids the capital. Question is anyone done it? Should I? Or would this trip be a better from a hotel down town.

Just curious if anyone has any experience around that area. Thanks

Jim_Hull

I second Cherry Hill. Great park with excellent facilities. We were there this past June and loved it. We drove to the Greenbelt Metro station and were downtown within 10 minutes. The park also has a shuttle to the Metro station.

Bohemian

Last time we were there Cherry Hill provided a free shuttle to and from the metro station on a good schefule.

Garypowell

Last year we stayed at Greenville Farm Family Campground and will stay again this fall. It is a basic place on a working farm. And for us in VA close to where our oldest son lives.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
My vote is for Cherry Hill. We've stayed there several times when in the DC area.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Cherry Hill is the place to be. DC is a great place to visit.
There are a couple of apps for your smart that will help navigate the metro system. DC Rider, DC Metro are a couple.
I've used DC Rider.

Peace
Dave

TheWade2

We have camped at Cherry Hill Park. Wonderful place with a shuttle to D.C. They even had a dog babysitter you could hire.

kkamshop

Another Cherry Hill vote here - the staff there can help plan your visit to DC, they even offer orientation videos every afternoon for metro newbies!

Wmnmy

• We loved cherry hill also very nice park easy to get to transportation to capital and Arlington cemetery.