Why are the wrong parts sent so often?

GeneF

I just got my tt back from camping world to have some work done on the slide, replace front panel and a host of other small items. The trailer was at camping world for one day shy of five months. Major reasons I got were that Heartland was slow in shipping and that a faucet, Teflon piece, and a bracket had to be sent back because the wrong ones were sent. Last time the tt was in for repairs, it was over two months. Again, wrong part sent and had to be reordered. I have owned the tt for abut 19 months and it has been at camping world for almost 8 months. Very disappointed that the wrong parts seem to be sent so often. Is this normal? Sorry about the one paragraph being together but this won't space down.

jnbhobe

Next time call Heartland your self to see if the parts were even ordered. I think you'll be surprised.

SeattleLion

I had Heartland customer service confirm parts were shipping to my dealer. I checked last week and none had been received. I don't think my dealer is lying.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wonder if Heartland would be open to providing tracking numbers? Every shipping/freight company in the country rely on tracking numbers to trace shipments. This would at least show what's really going on.

GeneF

I did call Heartland. Two parts were shipped and I was given the date Campingworld received them. One of the parts was reordered because it was the wrong one. I can't verify any of the other parts but CampingWorld kept me appraised of when the parts were ordered and when they might receive them. Also told when the part had to be reordered. I guess it is a "he said" "he said" kind of thing. At campingworld, I worked with a young man who I really liked and trusted. This was the first time that it took about 3 months to get the rig back. He would call me every couple of weeks to update me on what was going on like the wrong decal sent and had to be reordered. I guess he really had a hard time at the service desk because he went bank into the shop. Got tired of people hollering at him.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In my dealings with Heartland's parts department, it helps to send a pic of the part you need. I don't know if dealerships have the time to do that, but it might help.

GeneF

Okay, so now it has been SIX MONTHS since I originally brought my tt to CampingWorld for a host of adjustments and repairs. Latest is that Heartland sent the wrong slide seal to CampIningWorld. This seems to happen a heck of a lot. In the approximately 8 1/2 months that this tt has been at CampingWorld, (This is two times for warrantee work) I can't remember how many wrong parts were sent. Is it Heartland or is it CampingWorld? I figure it costs me at least $35 each time I drive to CampingWorld, often have to buy lunch, my time that I would rather be doing other things and the amount of shopping time that DW does to kill the day. First and last Heartland product and last experience with CampingWorld.