Wife complaining about water pressure!

Georgia_Biker

Everyone knows if "Mama ain't happy nobody is happy!" We have a 6 month's old Big Horn 3610RE - I understand about using a pressure regulator on the city water inlet. My wife says our water pressure is too low for showering and to help clean the shower. She is not happy with the kitchen sink pressure either. Is there a pressure adjustment somewhere? What is the pressure limits? When on City Water the system does not use the pump - is that correct? Any help appreciated-

Greengas

It is very possible that the problem is the pressure coming from the city water itself. We just finished camping at a site that had around 35psi water pressure. We solved the problem by filling the fresh water tank and using the pump. That got us around, I believe, 50 psi. Much better. You might want to give that a try. "Happy wife, Happy life".

danemayer

Everyone knows if "Mama ain't happy nobody is happy!" We have a 6 month's old Big Horn 3610RE - I understand about using a pressure regulator on the city water inlet. My wife says our water pressure is too low for showering and to help clean the shower. She is not happy with the kitchen sink pressure either. Is there a pressure adjustment somewhere? What is the pressure limits? When on City Water the system does not use the pump - is that correct? Any help appreciated-

Hi Larry,

You may find our owner-written Water Systems Guide helpful. Pages 12-14 discuss this issue and offer some solutions.

hoefler

Remove your pressure regulator. If you have one of those cheap non-adjustable ones, they will reduce the pressure, regardless of incoming pressure. If it is low to begin with, it will lower it further.

RoadJunkie

Put a pressure gauge directly on you source outlet, you can't expect more performance than your source provides. My philosopsy is that if source pressure is <50 psi, then I don't use a regulator that can only reduce performance. I also use 5/8" diameter hoses to help with performance. Also, you will get reduced performance with each device you put in series with you water system, e.g. filters, water softener, sharp angle adapters, etc.

On the other hand, I also like to focus my DW's unhappiness on something predictable and somewhat understandable. The water pressure issue seems perfect. If you fix the water pressure issue the DW will likely refocus on something else, something unpredictable. Good luck.

Theresau

Ours is low too no matter where we camp. And it wasn't like this in the BH. I'm wondering if it's the faucets - our new faucets in our home are set up to have low pressure so that you use less water. Plan to investigate further.

Theresa

Lynn1130

We had very low water pressure when we first used our unit and after having the dealer check it they found that all of the faucet heads were plugged with junk from the tank. Seems that those are seldom, if ever flushed after they do all of the tank construction so the junk from the tanks comes up the lines and plugs the heads. Cleaning the small filters on the faucets and shower head solved most of the problem.

danemayer

When we first got our Rushmore, DW complained about the water pressure and said she couldn't get the shampoo out of her hair. I told her I didn't have a problem rinsing my hair. Then she pointed out how little hair I have left.

Yep, didn't need to hear that. Should have just fixed the problem. :p

gvtahoe88

Water pressure

When we first got our Rushmore, DW complained about the water pressure and said she couldn't get the shampoo out of her hair. I told her I didn't have a problem rinsing my hair. Then she pointed out how little hair I have left.

Yep, didn't need to hear that. Should have just fixed the problem. :p

Try unscrewing you shower head and take out the little white plastic piece. You will get way more volume of water it worked for me in our 2012 3585 Big Horn did it for a friend of mine with a Montana and it also worked for him. Good Luck

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
In our homes, city water pressure is usually higher than most RV parks. The fixtures in the RV's are water saving fixtures and therefore reduce pressure and flow. Like most have said, you'll need to check the campgrounds pressure to determine if you need a regulator. If not, remove it. Otherwise you'll probably find it best to alter the fixture to get better flow and pressure. I've gone so far as to drill larger holes in the devices in the fixtures because removing them sometimes changes how the thing fits together.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

olcoon

Re: Water pressure

On the other hand, I also like to focus my DW's unhappiness on something predictable and somewhat understandable. The water pressure issue seems perfect. If you fix the water pressure issue the DW will likely refocus on something else, something unpredictable. Good luck.
RoadJunkie, you are a wise man!
Gerogia_Biker, we have an Oxygenic shower head in ours & it works GREAT! I'm thinking it's the same one dhcolesj provided a link to. It mixes air with water to provide more water pressure, plus an added benefit is that it uses less water & the grey tank doesn't fill so fast. Great feature if you don't have FHU. We don't seem to have as much water pressure in the kitchen sink as in the bathroom & the screen filter in the faucet isn't clogged. It isn't bad & we live with it. I've even removed the water pressure regulator & it doesn't change.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

Thanks for the chuckle. :)

Georgia_Biker

Thanks for the advice on the pressure check and larger hose - and Iknow you are right about changing focus - but we have to live with them - Larry