Will All Road Warriors Please Stand Up! Represent Your Warrior!

alwaysbusy

Wow. Not sure how to respond. I'll have to take this info in and respond.....later

Head scratcher, I get it. I inquired with the Service Center whether our unit was the first to come in with oil on the roof and they said not. They went on to explain the use of Simple Green and its ability to remove staining is not a new discovery for them as they have historically used it on roofs for a number of stains.

My two cents is the dealers (including me when I tried to remove the stains) are not aware of this products ability to do so. Dometic requests the dealers try to clean. They do using other products but to no avail. At this point Dometic accepts the responsibility and assumption the roof is damaged and hence replacement is warranted. If anything, I think there is a lack of knowledge in the use of this product in rectifying these types of situations. It is clearly not known at the dealer level. When I told my dealer who had previously tried and showed them the pics, they shook their heads in utter amazement.

alwaysbusy

IMG_0147.JPGIMG_0145.JPGIMG_0146.JPGIMG_0144.JPGIMG_0143.JPG

Please forgive me all, this is the first time I've ever attached pics so I'm all out of order. Pic 5 is an example of a stain prior to cleaning; pic 4 is the after shot of the same area. In pic 4 you can also see the demarcation line with the general roof soil. Pics 1-3 is after they did the whole roof.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
View attachment 50421 View attachment 50422 View attachment 50423 View attachment 50424 View attachment 50425

Please forgive me all, this is the first time I've ever attached pics so I'm all out of order. Pic 5 is an example of a stain prior to cleaning; pic 4 is the after shot of the same area. In pic 4 you can also see the demarcation line with the general roof soil. Pics 1-3 is after they did the whole roof.

In the 'Manage Attachments' window, once you have all of the photos you want to post down in the lower left hand corner, you can drag the photos and rearrange them by left click and hold then drag to where you want it in the order they will be posted.

Also, once you have clicked the 'insert inline' button and return to the posting window you can put spaces between each photo (I did this for you above).

And, while still in the posting window, if you double click on each photo, you can change the size that the photo will show once the post is made . . . like this:

Thumbnail
CleanChevy-P1010997.jpg

Medium
ProwlerVegasHOC-P1020420.jpg

Large
ProwlerRustyInWindow-P1020240.jpg

TxRoadWarrior362

alwaysbusy

IMG_0151.jpg
In the 'Manage Attachments' window, once you have all of the photos you want to post down in the lower left hand corner, you can drag the photos and rearrange them by left click and hold then drag to where you want it in the order they will be posted.

Also, once you have clicked the 'insert inline' button and return to the posting window you can put spaces between each photo (I did this for you above).

And, while still in the posting window, if you double click on each photo, you can change the size that the photo will show once the post is made . . . like this:

Thumbnail
View attachment 50430

Medium
View attachment 50429

Large
View attachment 50428

Thank you Mr John. I'm far from a computer guru and you taught me something.

I want to take the opportunity to give credit to a service experience like no other. There is Mr Chris, John and Darryl in the Service Center; Ms Lyndsay and Mr Chris who is one of the two reps over Cyclone. They are over in Headquarter's offices. There are others and for the life of me I cannot remember their names and they deserve no less credit then the others noted. If someone from Heartland reads this please pass this along. While they may never read this every single person was a shere joy to talk to. Their professionalism and care is unsurpassed. They treated us like we were the most important customer they have. It was shock and awe for DW and I as some dropped what they were working on to share hours with us. For all of you who have never been to the Service Center I put an inside pick of part of the waiting Lounge which is open to you 24 hours while your camping out back. There's pop, coffee, bathroom, wifi, books, sofa's, tv, etc. all provided. Then there are the full service hookup sites to the rear. The HQ building is beautiful. All, my hats off in a big way to this crew as I just can't say enough.

On on another note, I wanna give a shout out to Mr Harry and Ms Lynn from Sacramento. It's amazing the people you meet along the way and they were a joy to spend time with as they got serviced also.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

nfa1eab

Got the Road Warrior back! New AC units, new roof, and ladder brackets installed. I am a happy camper! Back where she belongs!
2cde9d0828cb48e3b3ee7adda6a72f11.jpg

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

hboy1

My roof experience has been different. No new A/C or roof.

I posed my roof pictures earlier in this thread. I took the camper to the dealer. They filled out the paper work. Communicated with Heartland and Dometic. Ran all the tests. Spot cleaned the roof.

The response was that they felt the A/C was operating normally and the staining was not oil. Sounds like Dometic blames my cooking for the roof staining (stinky baccon grease gets past the a/c filter and runs down the roof....) Except other than mac&cheese and cookies, we don't cook much inside.

The dealer is a personal friend and has been great working with. He offered to challenge the results. In the end camping season is here. I'm going to pick up the camper and run it for another year. The A/C has another year warranty so we'll see what this year brings. I'll have it looked at again in the fall.

Personally, I really don't 'want' a new roof or A/C. I sure don't want to have to replace these items on my dime tho!

Just thought I would share my experience.

east2surf

Just purchased a 2018 Road Warrior 425. Take delivery here in a couple days. Traded in a Venture KZ Sport Trek 327VIK, it was a good little trailer for a first, but we were ready to upgrade!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello East2surf, welcome to this great forum. There are lots of friendly people here ready to share information about our rigs.
Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club as well as attending a rally or two. A great place to meet like minded people.
Click on either tab in the navigation bar at the top of the page.

Peace
Dave

TxRoadWarrior362

Just purchased a 2018 Road Warrior 425. Take delivery here in a couple days. Traded in a Venture KZ Sport Trek 327VIK, it was a good little trailer for a first, but we were ready to upgrade!

Welcome to the Road Warrior and toy hauler family. Lots of great people on the Heartland forums to help with questions you will have.

Tim

PondSkum

Hello fellow Road Warriors! Here's my new-to-me 2015 RW348. Pulling it with my 2015 Ram Mega Cab, and will be hauling my 2013 Polaris Ranger in the garage. One day I hope to be able to get a rig that will accomodate my 2001 Jeep Wrangler in the back, but for now, the RW will work for my family to go have some fun!

Attachments

• IMG_6543.jpg
    IMG_6543.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6549.jpg
    IMG_6549.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 46
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370061197.302654.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370061197.302654.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 38
  • flexed.jpg
    flexed.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 36

avvidclif

Very nice. I didn't realize RW had a twin to my Cyclone. The only difference I can see is the decals. Have to compare notes sometime.