Will my Sundance XLT 267rl fithwheel hold a bike rack?

I have a 2016 Sundance XLT 267RL and it does not have a receiver hitch. We want to carry two bicycles and it seems we need to weld on a 2" receiver hitch. The concern is I have heard from two others that their WHOLE bumper fell off onto the highway from the bouncing bikes on the rack.The receiver hitch held but the Heartland rear bumper just fell off! Anyone have suggestions or comments?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Not all of the rear bumpers are rated to handle any weight.

If you had an option to ad the flip-down rear bumper rack then your bumper can probably handle the weight.

But, your best bet is to call Heartland Customer Service and have the VIN number of your Sundance handy and they can tell you the answer.

sengli

Most of those hollow bumpers are just for very, very light duty. Many of them say somewhere on them they are only rated for like 150lbs. Its the fact that the rig going down the road will have a bounce to it, amplified at the rear of the coach more so. That tends to bounce the heck out of bike racks, which in turn breaks welds on those light duty bumpers. From personal experience, I know that bike racks mounted on the back of RV's...void the warranties of those racks.