Winegard Travler install in 4100 King

Herbtx

I am getting prepared to install a Winegard Travler in my 2014 Cyclone 4100 King.

I know where the coax coil is in the roof and am a little hesitant to start drilling holes until I have it all figured out.

I understand that I need to run a control wire for power to the unit. Has anyone done this install on a Cyclone? Where did you drop the control wire in and put the control unit?

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Herb

jimtoo

Hi Herb,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some good info for you.

Check out our Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally when you can.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

dlw930

I am getting prepared to install a Winegard Travler in my 2014 Cyclone 4100 King.

I know where the coax coil is in the roof and am a little hesitant to start drilling holes until I have it all figured out.

I understand that I need to run a control wire for power to the unit. Has anyone done this install on a Cyclone? Where did you drop the control wire in and put the control unit?

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Herb

I can appreciate your hesitancy to start drilling holes in your roof. I sweat for several days until I got assurance from Heartland customer support on the exact location of the coiled cables in my 2013 Landmark.

If your Cyclone is prewired for the Winegard Trav'lr, the control cable should be coiled in the same location as the coax cables. It was in my Landmark. The other end of the control cable should be in the corner of the front bedroom closet near the the over-the-air amplifier/cable tv/satellite wall plate. In some cases, the inside end of the control cable may be behind front closet wall, so you may need to remove some of the paneling to access it.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Az_Ernie

I would assume that since your rig is prewired for the Trav'lr, there should be a backer plate in the roof to mount it on. If you don't know where it's located, Heartland's customer support should be able to give you the backer plate location.

Herbtx

Thanks for the responses. From talking to the factory - the only wiring in the roof is the coax - no control wire. Also - they told me no backer plate required.