Winterize

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
I don't have personal experience with anti freeze in the fridge water dispenser, but recently a friend was talking about the same issue, and he discovered that the filter was filtering out all the 'pink', so no pink water ever came out the dispenser. His solution was to take an old filter and remove the filter material, put that in line, and here comes the 'pink'!

Quick update. I went and got 2 more gallons and proceeded to continue with the water dispenser in the fridge - after 3/4 of a gallon later it was still dispersing clear water. I stopped and went out and looked at things along with scratching my head about all of this.

Line 1 - incoming from pump = pink
Line 2 - out going to water filter in fridge = pink
Water filter = pink
Line 3 - coming from filter = pink
Line 4 - going to water dispenser = clear

I disconnected the water line at the water dispenser under the fridge (front fascia) and then disconnected the water valve inlet lines. Did I mention that the water lines going to the water inlet valve have a plastic sleeve that holds them in place need to be "pushed in" vs. pushed out to release??? So I have to order a new one - duh. I left the lines disconnected until I figure this out. I may just go get my air compressor, undo what I have started and blow everything out. I just want to understand where all of this clear water is coming from.

Anyways - that is my rant for the day. I shall prevail

jbeletti

I think Lyle is onto something here. Could the filter be removing the colorant? Don't know.

After you de-winterize next spring, I think you'll want to consider winterizing that area next winter using compressed air. It can take a while to push the antifreeze taste out of the ice maker system.

ksucats

We don't use the ice maker because of the trouble it is to winterize it - learned the first year what a royal pain for as little as we actually use the coach. That said, per our manual, we got a little more than a gallon of water from the water tap on the refer door when blowing it out with air. I'm sure some of that was also from the water line running from the sink to the refrigerator. We ran the ice maker through three cycles with air pressure before we got misting and then another two cycles before the misting seemed to clear up some. Given the amount of water we got out of the thing, we decided not to use the 'pink' stuff for the refer - after blowing everything out we just shut off the valve under the kitchen sink cabinet and have left it alone the past two years.

For the washing machine - it seems to take 3/4 to a full gallon of pink stuff to do it by the manual. We have to fill it using the 'warm' water setting and let it fill to about 1/2 way in the tub. Seems much higher than what we normally see when actually washing but that is what the Splendide manual has us do. After than we drain, spin, and leave it alone until dewinterizing.

As there are low spots in the pex along the various runs, I don't trust that all of the water is blown out completely therefore I still put RV antifreeze in the lines and, of course, the P-Traps and toilet.

Hope this helps some.