Winterizing - Low Point Drains and Frig.

budman229

Getting ready to winterize. Do Landmarks have low point drain lines? If so, where are they located on the Newport? Also, is it recommended to just blow out the lines on the frig. or should I also use the pink stuff?

Thanks

Paul

danemayer

Hi budman229,

Your Landmark doesn't have low point drains. It does have a fresh tank drain line near the axles on the off-door-side.

We have 2 owner-written user guides that will help you through the winterizing process. They're both in this folder. One is a Winterization Guide and the other is the Residential Refrigerator Guide, which includes winterizing information.

If you have a dishwasher, you'll also want to look at the Landmark 365 User Guide for dishwasher winterizing instructions. And don't forget the water filter.

oldelmer1

I just did mine, no low point drains.

Following the users guide that Dan supplied, I blew mine out first including the ice maker and cold water supply. I also too the old water filter in the refrigerator out and cut the end off of it and then glued it back on. So when I blow air through the cold water line, I'm not blowing the water out of the filter.

Also I take the fittings off at the frig and at the valve inside and blow just thru them too.

I have a 3 way valve that is under the just outside the frame where the tubing comes from the supply and goes to the frig, so I open this valve and it allows the water to go out it also.

I also stuff a couple of paper towels into the ice maker to make sure all the water is gone from there.