Winterizing...water pump not working....

kiki3238

Hi all! I'm new here. Wondering if anyone else had experienced this issue. Bought my 2014 prowler in July of 2013. Winterized with the pump with no issue last year...used the camper this summer with no issues. Trying to currently winterize and the water pump isn't working to circulate the antifreeze. Anyone had this happen? Is it a possibility that my pump is shot after only 3 full weeks use? Any info would be helpful...thanks!

jimtoo

Hi kiki3238,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

It's not likely that the pump is bad,, but have you checked all the 12v fuses and also circuit breakers in battery compartment? This is link to our Heartland user manuals that may help. Also I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some suggestions.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

I did move thread to better area also.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Is the pump not running at all (like no power to pump), or is it just not pulling antifreeze through the winterizing hose?

kiki3238

Pump is running and sensing pressure. Even filled the potable water tank to try it. It's not pumping anything. Only other time we used it not attached to city water at a campground, was to winterize last year.

kiki3238

Yes, bypassed water heater. Did everything exactly like it says too, exactly the way it was done last year. No pumping....

kiki3238

Pump is running and sensing pressure. Just not pumping. Filled potable water tank to try that, nope....always have been hooked up to city water. Only time it was used not hooked up was last year to winterize

kiki3238

Hi kiki3238,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

It's not likely that the pump is bad,, but have you checked all the 12v fuses and also circuit breakers in battery compartment? This is link to our Heartland user manuals that may help. Also I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some suggestions.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

I did move thread to better area also.
Thanks jim. Nice to be welcomed! Figured I'd post on here and try to figure it out before having to deal with camping world!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The hose to draw antifreeze for winterizing may have come loose at the pump. Try checking that.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I just winterized my trailer a couple of days ago.

Down by the pump there should be two shut-off valves.

One turns on the suction hose for the anti freeze and bypasses the fresh water tank, the other blocks off the hot water line (I believe).

Check to make sure both are in the right position, otherwise the pump will run, but not pull anything through.

danemayer

Pulled hose off inlet, no suction. Also doesn't work with potable water tank
The suction side has a filter on it. If that's the side you removed, and with pump running there's no suction, that sounds like a pump problem. Only other thing I can think of is perhaps something restricting flow on the output. Maybe also disconnect that side and check again.

I had a somewhat similar problem with our Greystone 29MK and found that I hadn't turned the valves completely and the pump wouldn't work. I was about ready to rebuild the pump when I discovered it. Good luck.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had one of the valve handles break, making it look like the valve was open, when it actually was not. If it turns really easily with no resistance, that may be what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk