Winterizing

Pongo

I have a question I have the 4 way valve and turn it to winterize and I went through and did all the faucets and shower but I usually put some antifreeze in the fresh water tank and pump it through to make sure the plumbing from tank to pump has anti freeze in it but with the 4 way valve how can I do this I don't want that to freeze up

Miltp920

I have never pushed any anti-freeze into fresh water tank. I guess I always figured that line was dry, I do not use the fresh water tank, only city water. Good question, look forward to the responses.

Jim-Lynn

I have a question I have the 4 way valve and turn it to winterize and I went through and did all the faucets and shower but I usually put some antifreeze in the fresh water tank and pump it through to make sure the plumbing from tank to pump has anti freeze in it but with the 4 way valve how can I do this I don't want that to freeze up

I drain the holding tank & do not put antifreeze in it. Too hard to sanitize in the spring. Just pump the antifreeze through all your water outlets, don't forget outlet for outside shower & if you have washer. It is also a depressing time to winterize as we now know the season is over.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
At our summer seasonal site, I'll keep 30 gallons in the water tank for emergency toilet use in the event of a power failure. Otherwise, we're on city water. At the end of the season, I drain the tank and leave the drain open on the road home, shutting it when I park the rig in the storage yard. I do not put AF in it or the water heater. Older rigs don't have Anderson valves, so there is no cross-over possible to the water tank when winterizing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk