Wooden blocks?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am thinking there's some Photoshop involved, as the shadows don't seem to be the same on the blocks vs the RV vs the houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

I think it's on the blocks as pictured. If you look at the wheels there is a chain and, something, maybe comealong locking the wheels so they cannot turn or roll down hill.

Jim M

Last edited:

rhodies1

I have a friend who parks his 30 ft 5th wheel this way,it's so high in the front that you can walk under the kick and not have to duck your head.
Some people won't listen when you explain the danger"........

Diamondjim

Is that a stretcher (at the ready) across the tongue of this rig?

I understand that sometimes you have to do what you have to do.........................BUT there do need to be limits set!

Good luck to the folks having to hook this back up to the TV!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

BigGuy82

This would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that the trailer could wind up killing someone if (when) it comes off of those blocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that the trailer could wind up killing someone if (when) it comes off of those blocks.

I know . . .

Anyone notice the step ladder set up by the entrance door?

mlpeloquin

I think it's on the blocks as pictured. If you look at the wheels there is a chain and, something, maybe comealong locking the wheels so they cannot turn or roll down hill.

Jim M

Yep. Blew the picture up and sure enough you are correct! And there is a stretcher across the front tongue!

BigGuy82

Yep. Blew the picture up and sure enough you are correct! And there is a stretcher across the front tongue!

I don't care if the wheels are glued to the driveway with industrial strength adhesive. Walk in that death trap, shake it a little and that Rube Goldberg stack of whatever is going down. Hopefully, nobody will be underneath it (like a child playing).

You really have to ask yourself what this person was thinking.

jimtoo

I don't care if the wheels are glued to the driveway with industrial strength adhesive. Walk in that death trap, shake it a little and that Rube Goldberg stack of whatever is going down. Hopefully, nobody will be underneath it (like a child playing).

You really have to ask yourself what this person was thinking.

And I agree with you completely. One shake and it will probably fall.

Jim M

ksucats

I wish I had a picture to share but we had someone here in Manhattan campus a few years ago that had the opposite with a small fifth wheel. Had a house fire so he moved himself and wife into a small fifth wheel. Had exactly the same setup (wood blocks stacked on one another but holding the tires and rear of the trailer up. Had the front landing gear chained to what looked like screw hooks that the electric companies use for keeping their poles straight. Figured the distance to be at least eight foot as he was on a hill where the back of his house was a walk-out basement. City finally had him remove it but it was up for a good six months or more. Scary.

BigGuy82

I found the owner to that camper.

We saw this guy - Disneyworld, right?

Afterwards, we took him to dinner and discussed methods for balancing the fiver on just one set of wheels. Turns out the left side works better because that's where the appliances are, giving that side a little lower balance point. I'll post pictures once we work this out.