Would this be considered an acceptable repair?

brianharrison

I now get this thread - it had me baffled. I read the words but will wait for Duane to add more, if he chooses.

Brian

dave10a

Duane,

I felt your thread title could make some Heartland owners instantly feel this repair was made to a Heartland RV by a Heartland dealer. I assume it was not as you didn't mention so.

I don't see how my tweaking of the title changed the meaning in any way and at the same time, makes it clear that we're not talking about a Heartland RV repair.

If I'm wrong in my assumption, please clear it up for me.

Jim
Indications are that this was done by a Heartland dealer. When I complained to Heartland about shoddy work done by my dealer I was told that "Heartland has no control of its dealers" has something changed?

kowAlski631

Jim[/FONT][/QUOTE] Indications are that this was done by a Heartland dealer. When I complained to Heartland about shoddy work done by my dealer I was told that "Heartland has no control of its dealers" has something changed?[/QUOTE]

Ok. TOTALLY confused now. Original post was about SOB repairs. Now "indications" that repairs were by Heartland located in Elkhart. Could someone clarify, please.

Martha

RoadJunkie

How do these types of posts turn a mild group of RV enthusiasts into a lynch mob? Does it matter who did the work in order to answer the OP's question? As we all know, including the OP, the work does not appear to be professional and/or acceptable.

kowAlski631

Don't consider myself as part of a lynch mob, but am concerned if the repair work (as totally shoddy as it is) was done by HL or one of their dealers.

Martha

wdk450

EVERYONE PLEASE RE-READ THE ORIGINAL, FIRST, POSTING CAREFULLY. YOU WILL SEE THAT IT INVOLVES A HEARTLAND OWNER'S FRIEND'S RIG, SOB (SOME OTHER BRAND), AND HEARTLAND IS NOWHERE MENTIONED.

This entire thread reminds me of the whispered secret game we used to play in a circle at grade school.

bill40

Too answer the question regardless of who did it or the name of the trailer, it looks terrible and should be fixed buy the guilty party and no charge to the owner. If it is not fixed properly then the product and the repair shop or dealer should be made known not only on this forum but anyone that would bring attention to this type of problem to save another owner from a like experience.

kowAlski631

Then I assume we're all in agreement. Hopefully it was NOT done by either HL or a HL dealer.

Have a fabulous evening & remainder of the weekend.

Martha

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If it was not a Heartland product repair then why make an issue of it on the Heartland Forum? But anyway it seems everyone agrees the photo appears to not be an acceptable repair.