Would You Buy It Again?

Hello, all! I just attended my first RV show in Dallas on Saturday. I specifically went to see DRV and Lifestyle, as they both have boxed-steel frames. I also stopped and looked at a Bighorn and a Big Country, and I must say, was very impressed by the floor plans and the fit and finish. According to the brochures that I picked up, the units are very well insulated and ready to go for full-time living. The only thing I can't get past is the Lippert I-beam frame. What is your experience with Heartland over time? I want to buy my 3rd trailer 1st, so I'm doing lots of research to get the right one, and I don't want to overlook Heartland if I'm being too cautious about the frame. Thanks for any help you can give me!

donr827

I believe that Lippert has made some changes in the way they build-design the frames. I do not know any facts to back this up, but I have noticed a lot less complaints about frame failure post on rvs built the past few years. RV,Net use to have a lot of threads about frame problems but no many now. JMO.
Don

caissiel

By experience my previous trailer with boxed frame was a very flexible to the point that the roof was always in need of repair.
My BC frame is solid and does not flex. I can jack one side of the unit with the front landings down and the whole unit lifts. I was stand the first time I did it.
No way I would go back to tube frame.

stevenssr

Other than the Towmax tires (which seems to be addressed now), no complaints. I would definitely buy Heartland again. I love the floor plan and when I do go to a RV show, it's really hard to find anything that I would consider trading for. Good luck with your research!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hello, all! I just attended my first RV show in Dallas on Saturday. I specifically went to see DRV and Lifestyle, as they both have boxed-steel frames. I also stopped and looked at a Bighorn and a Big Country, and I must say, was very impressed by the floor plans and the fit and finish. According to the brochures that I picked up, the units are very well insulated and ready to go for full-time living. The only thing I can't get past is the Lippert I-beam frame. What is your experience with Heartland over time? I want to buy my 3rd trailer 1st, so I'm doing lots of research to get the right one, and I don't want to overlook Heartland if I'm being too cautious about the frame. Thanks for any help you can give me!

We were at the show, too! Welcome to the Heartland Forum!

We would buy Heartland again for these reasons:

More bang for the buck: HL packs more desirable features in for the money. Many things considered upgrades are standard on HL coaches.

Accessibility to solutions: Very good customer service dealing direct with the manufacturer, and a great owners forum to help immediately with any questions you have. HL will also work with you to find a repair facility or mobile tech to solve your issues, where you are, even if it's not a HL dealer (with pre-approval.)

Best looking and functional: I've yet to find another brand in the same class or higher with decors, woodwork, and floorplans that I like better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

Three years full time on our Big Horn. Very happy. Suggest you order all upgrades, increase axle size, tires, suspension options, Yeti, generator, etc. You will never regret it.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
How close are you to Bullard??? A bunch of us will be there Oct 10th -the 12th. Might be worth coming by a visiting with real owners in person. Here is a link if you'd like more info. Good luck with you search.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...2014-to-10-12-2014/page11?p=333149#post333149

How close are you to Bullard??? A bunch of us will be there Oct 10th -the 12th. Might be worth coming by a visiting with real owners in person. Here is a link if you'd like more info. Good luck with you search.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...2014-to-10-12-2014/page11?p=333149#post333149
Can outsiders just show up and talk to you all? I'd love to do that, as no one knows your rigs like you do. I'm in Fort Worth, so it's not all that far over there. I'll check into it, and thanks for the into.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Can outsiders just show up and talk to you all? I'd love to do that, as no one knows your rigs like you do. I'm in Fort Worth, so it's not all that far over there. I'll check into it, and thanks for the into.

You're sure welcome to drop by our place!! I know some others that will be there that wouldn't mind either. Best to know when your coming so we can be sure to be there.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Hey, I'll be there, without our rig! Due to work commitments, hubby can't make it, and needs the coach as living quarters.

So I'll be around as well Friday and Saturday -- coach-less but among my Heartland Family!

You are definitely welcome to come and hang with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

We're in our third Heartland rig in a little over four years so that will tell you what we think of Heartland. Never had a serious problem except for the blow max tires on our North Trail . . .ergo we ordered the BH with Goodyear 614s. We too will be at Bullard so feel free to stop by. Mike

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We are on our second Heartland...full timed in our Bighorn for almost six years and put over 80K miles on the frame with no issues. We did have some suspension issues which were resolved by Lippert. If you look closely at the DRV, yes it has a box frame, but it basically has the exact same hangers, axles and springs. I have absolutely NO issues with a good, heavy duty I beam frame...

bob34787

if you can afford it go with DRV elite suite it is truly a house on wheels, real granite counters , dishwasher, electric shades, real wood, etc. just out of my price range.

caissiel

And a hard unit to tow. Like a past owner told me.
He was surprised at the service I was getting along with the ability to tow our BC with my F250.

kkamshop

Lippert did have problems a few years ago. They where using Chinese steel and their welds were minimal. Today they use US steel and welds are much better than just a few years ago.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Would we buy again - yes and have. We are on our 4th Heartland product over 10 years. We started out in a KZ product and learned real quick not to get again. Then we moved into a HL Sundance followed by 2 Big Countrys and now on a Landmark. We have had very good success with HL customer service as well as with the local independent Heartland Dealer. Of all the HL campers we have owned, we never had any frame problems but know of a fellow HL owner who did. Lippert stepped up and took care of the problem at no cost to the owner.

GOTTOYS

Don't have to look very hard on this forum to see one Heartland owner's experience with his Lippert Frame. By their nature a box type tube frame is going to be stronger than an I beam. Ask any Engineer. Having said that, I haven't had any frame problems and hope I never do...Don

Wmnmy

would we buy again , yes and we did we are on our second Heartland rv in four years had the baby cyclone toyhauler and now the Elkridge and when I retire in 5 years probably back to the Cyclone or Road Worrier very happy with their product .....

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Yes, and we did in July. We had our Elkridge for 4 years and now have a 2014 Silverado.