YES: Are the new awning LED's standard?

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: ATF: Big Country - Are the new awning LED's standard?

Now I'm really really jealous :(. Looks cool :).

Awwww, don't be jealous, we will let you bask in our LED's anytime!!;)

Hopefully soon! Our "online" date to hit the factory floor is this Thursday.......maybe it will ship out next week???

Phatkd

I had the dealer install the Dometic LED lights about 1 inch under our awning (1" under the awning in the rolled up position) so that the LED lights can still be used when the awning is rolled up. Man are they cool looking? And the RF remote works out to very far distances. I have had success with operating them well beyond the advertised 180 foot range. They are super cool!

Posts 11,13 and 14 in this thread show how I had mine installed and a short video I uploaded for people on here to see it in action.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/35762-After-market-embedded-awning-lights?highlight=LED+lights

ksmith555

We picked our 3110 Cyclone up yesterday and were completely surprised to see that we had LED's on both awnings...nice surprise! We ordered in February and had no idea we would get them...guess they are working them into the 2014 production line.

cherylm

We just picked up our 2014 3650RL a few weeks ago and were pleasantly surprised to have the awning LED lights. But now they aren't working. Any ideas on what to do to get them back on. We can't get in for service until August and would really love to use them

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just picked up our 2014 3650RL a few weeks ago and were pleasantly surprised to have the awning LED lights. But now they aren't working. Any ideas on what to do to get them back on. We can't get in for service until August and would really love to use them

I am in same boat. Mine went out on me today. Turned them on before leaving this afternoon and I get home and neighbor comes by to ask about them and I realize they aren't working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ksmith555

We had a small section that wouldn't light on our main awning, about 5 LED's in a row. The third or fourth time we turned them on, and had left the trailer for a few hours....when we came back all were lit. And are still working...can't explain what happened lol, but works for me.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Heartland is sending me a new set under warranty and I will install and rewire them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rainmakeroc

My lights on my awning over the side garage door are partially burned out, came that way from the dealer on 2014 Cyclone 3110. Am working with heartland now to have them replaced.

ksmith555

As an update to my previous post...several small sections burnt out again after a few weeks...we contacted our dealer who mailed us a new set. (we didn't buy our trailer local) So we will install them in the spring. The lights on our garage awning are fine.

fdajnowicz

Here are some instructions for my LED mod. Purchasing info included for about $25. You can also purchase a 16' strip of warm white and make your own light card to fit inside your inside ceiling lights. You can make them dimmer or brighter just by chaining a group of 3 LED's. Make sure you order the 5050 smd 300LED. These are the brightest. The merchant I have dealt with 3 times http://stores.ebay.com/phy2012/ has been a good experience. The hyperlink will get you to his store. He will ONLY use Paypal so both sides are safe.

View attachment LED Patio Lights.pdf

wildwolfproducts

Ordered some for our Key Largo. Will be putting them on this spring when its warm enough to do it right. Will have 4 sets on it in total. One under the door slide to give us lite there also.
Forgot to say we ordered ours from Ebay and was priced great. Remote and black backing as this will let them blend in on our full color paint job.
Pete

RVNEWBIE

My 2014 Key Largo has them under the main and second awning. The ones under the second awning had one section out when we picked it up, but are now all working. The ones under the main awning only have one section working from the get go. In a few weeks, we are taking ours back to have BOTH sets replaced under warranty. Yeah....they are cool...WHEN THEY ARE WORKING...but I dunno about the longevity of them. SUPPOSEDLY, they were working before this unit left the factory as has been explained the QC procedure to me. But during checkout, they were dark!

Overall, loving our new Key Largo...but there are some small BUGS that need exterminating!!!

Joe