Yeti Control Panel Location On 2019 Bighorn 3970RD?

Texzen454

I've contacted the dealer & am in the process of contacting the factory regarding the exact location of the Yeti Control Panel or even if it was included in the build. After several attempts, I cannot locate the panel. If a forum member has this option in a recent build, can someone please post a pic of the location?

kowAlski631

I've contacted the dealer & am in the process of contacting the factory regarding the exact location of the Yeti Control Panel or even if it was included in the build. After several attempts, I cannot locate the panel. If a forum member has this option in a recent build, can someone please post a pic of the location?

Our Yeti option consists of a toggle switch on the regular panel. On or off. Has this changed?

RoadJunkie

Be aware that turning on your tank heater switches when there is no fluid in the tanks can burn holes in the tank!

Texzen454

Why do you think your RV has the YETI package?

That was one of the options we originally ordered. It also appears in our original Purchase Agreement.

I contacted the factory customer support yesterday & spoke to Bobby. Bobby confirmed it was on the original build list for our trailer. He walked me through over the phone were the Yeti Panel may possibly be. Still unable to find it. He asked me to send a couple pics of the wall panel area. Being late Friday when that occurred, I really don't expect a response till possibly Monday/Tuesday. I have been searching for that panel for the past week, my wife has scoured over & behind every cabinet door & wall where accessible. Even had a neighbor with fresh eyes give it a once over.

danemayer

It's good that Customer Service at Heartland confirmed that it's on the build list at their end. Many times it's a dealer error and it can be hard to get a dealer to make it right.

My guess is that the build components have been installed, even if the switch(es) are missing.

However, I do notice that you don't seem to have very many switches showing in your picture. I think the Lippert control panel has a much larger set of functions than in the past. Have you checked the menus on that device?

Texzen454

However, I do notice that you don't seem to have very many switches showing in your picture. I think the Lippert control panel has a much larger set of functions than in the past. Have you checked the menus on that device?

Yes indeed, the Lippert control panel does in fact have a much larger set of functions than in the past. I've searched through the menus on it several times & am unable to locate any mention of it.

A thought occurred a time or two when I was going through the menus. The Yeti package may be installed, but the controls for it may have not been programmed into the Lippert panel. Does that sound far fetched? I'm stumped. Still waiting on the factory rep to follow-up & perhaps shed some light on this.

Texzen454

…Still waiting on the factory rep to follow-up & perhaps shed some light on this…

***Four Year Update***

After several go-arounds with Heartland techs and engineer level support through the years…the issue was software related relative to the LCI One Control panel and virtual circuit programming.

Engineer Fix #1: Was emailed a 22 page instruction attachment. Following the instructions…then restarted the panel…lost ALL control of ALL slide-outs but gained control of the elusive Yeti package.

Engineer Fix #2: Using a revised 22 page attachment…restarted panel. Slide controls returned. Yeti package was still visible but lost the leveling icon on the panel.

Self Fix: Back tracked through both 22 page instructions and finally was able to restore the panel back to the original point w/o the visible Yeti pkg but with leveling and slide control.

By this period in time, the job I was on moved much further South, so the heater pads were no longer needed. Efforts to resolve the issue was temporarily suspended.

While recently servicing my tank valves, I decided to take a look at the heater pad wiring. Simple fix. Cut into all pad wiring, extend and route new wiring inside coach and installed a Recpro three switch panel. Done.

iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: