YETI Heater Pads

Rudy415

Hello,
Not sure where to put this as I didn't see anything on the YETI heaters and Winterizing. I just took delivery of a Road Warrior 415 and it has the Artic package with YETI heaters. The system heats the fresh, black, and gray water (I think). It also heats the fresh water lines? There is a tank switch for the pads, and I'm not if there is a separate switch for the water lines. There is a red switch located below the main services box, and might this be for the water lines? Rudy

danemayer

Hi Rudy,

There's no perfect place for this question, but I've moved it to the plumbing area which seems to me a better fit.

The heat tape on the main water line should be thermostatically controlled and may or may not have a separate switch. The early Yeti installations on 2012 models had a wall-type light switch that turned on the tank heating pads. The water line had no switch. I think on some models, there may be two switches; one for the tanks and the other for the water line, but if you had that they'd both be marked.

Red wall-type light switches that illuminate when turned on are typically for the tank heating pads or for the electric side of the water heater.

Perhaps another RW 415 owner can shed more light on this.

sengli

I know on our big horn the only water line that has heat tape is the one from the fresh water tank to the pump. Thats it. Its mis-leading when you hear them say the lines are wrapped and heated. Plus the tank heaters are 120VAC powered. The line heat tape is 12VDC.

Re: ATF: Road Warrior - YETI Heat Pad & Red Switches

Good question. Labels and info in the owners manual would be nice. I haven't purchased yet and am curious why yourquequestion hasn't been answered yet. Doesn't say much for the factory to not be responding.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Bigdirtjob, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get and share information.
I believe that that the question was answered in another forum regarding the Yeti package.
FYI, the factory does not answer all ATF questions if it has been answered by a forum member. And those answers by forum members will most likely be more accurate as we actually use these rigs.
Oh, and I think that is speaks volumes about the factory that they even have this great forum.

Peace
Dave

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

Please note posts 6 and 7 have been moved from a duplicate thread.