Yeti Package - San Antonio

Maverick

Just bought a Landmark San Antonio. Apparently is has a cold weather package I believe is called a Yeti. Cant find any information in any of the supplied literature including the owners manual. Anyone have any good information on how this works or how it is activated. There is an unlabled red switch in the power center which I assume controls this package but cannot confirm this or how it is used.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
This was posted 7/18/2011

VP of Sales //heartlandowners.org/customavatars/avatar385_1.gif
Yeti Package availability
the Yetti package is only available on the Landmark units however, we have added this as a special a couple times to Bighorn and Big Country retail ordered units - cost $950. You will specifically need to request this with your dealer if you want it added. hope this helps with your question.

thanks, Coley​

Coley Brady
Heartland RV
1001 All-Pro Drive
Elkhart, IN 46414
Phone: 574-266-8726
Fax: 574-266-8702

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Just bought a Landmark San Antonio. Apparently is has a cold weather package I believe is called a Yeti. Cant find any information in any of the supplied literature including the owners manual. Anyone have any good information on how this works or how it is activated. There is an unlabled red switch in the power center which I assume controls this package but cannot confirm this or how it is used.

The Yeti package is an add on package that you request when you order your coach that includes extra insulation and water line heating elements. There is extra insulation in your slides and underneath the coach. If you didn't specifically order the Yeti package you may not have it in your coach.

The red switch in your UDC could be the switch to turn on the heating elements in the water line (Yeti package) or it could be the switch for the water heater (to on electric)

danemayer

I've posted an attachment that shows the Yeti Package in more detail

We have the heated tank pads option (preceded the Yeti pkg) which is activated by a "light" switch in the control center. I would assume the Yeti package tank heating pads have a similar arrangement. In the attachment, the low voltage heating cable for the main water line - seems to be thermostatically controlled.

Attachments

• Yeti.pdf
    192.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

brianharrison

Dan is correct. The red switch turns on the 120V electric heat pads on the fresh, waste and grey tanks. I beleive there is also a breaker in the 110V distribution panel. I'll check on my Landmark this evening.

The extra insulation is in the end caps (radiant foil insulation sheet)

Hope this helps,
Brian

We have a 2010 Sundance. According to my "window sticker" I have the heated tank option. I can't find the switch to turn on the heaters. My panel has a household type light switch labeled "Water Heater" and on the tank panel there are two red switches. One of these is the water pump and the other is labeled heater. I had asssumed this was for the gas for the water heater and the household type switch was for the electric for the water heater. There is not any information in the owners manual for the heated tanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You are correct about the function of the switches you have found.
Are you sure your "window sticker" says "heated tanks"? Or does it say "heated underbelly"?

Peace
Dave

It may not say tanks, but it does say the tank drains are heated, there is nothing about the underbelly. We bought it in northern MI. It's is closed up and covered for the winter now. I will double check when I can get in. Thanks.