Yikes! Tires, Front Leveling legs and rear garage door - all in one day!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My guess is if you have 16" wheels, that no, they aren't rated for 110. Ours were 16" rims on 6K axles, and are only rated for 80 psi.

I have 16" E Rated Tires and Rims on my BH, which had 6k axles. The Rims are rated for 3750PSI which is indicated on the inside of the rim. 3750PSI is G rated.

I use Michelin XPS Ribs on my trailer.

BC

BruteForce

I have 16" E Rated Tires and Rims on my BH, which had 6k axles. The Rims are rated for 3750PSI which is indicated on the inside of the rim. 3750PSI is G rated.

I use Michelin XPS Ribs on my trailer.

BC

I think you mean 3750 POUNDS of weight, not PSI. I phoned TREDIT (manufacturer of the rims) and they told me this rim is only rated at 80 PSI, not 110. What are you inflating your tires to? You and I probably have the same rims (mine are stamped 3750 POUNDS MAX on the inside).

ultrafarmer

I put on Maxxis tires this spring. Went to Alaska, back to Iowa and went to Colorado. This was about 10,000 miles. These tires worked very good and I will by this again.......PS if they can handle the Alaska Highway they can handle anything.

BruteForce

Well, I went with the G rated Geostar tires. Les Schwab inflated to 85psi and told me they looked perfect. Here's hoping I don't have to worry about buying 110PSI rated rims due to odd wear due to only inflating @ 80-85PSI!

jimtoo

IMHO they are under-inflated at 80 psi

I agree with you Jim... proper inflation is 110psi for that tire... at 80-85psi they are under-inflated which will cause excessive side wall flex, which causes heat. Under inflation will also cause the outer treads to wear faster. The tires will "look perfect" at 60psi also.

Just watch for excessive heat and wear.

Jim M