Where is the black tank air vent?

djg57

I have a Bighorn 3100RL, 09 model. How do you figure out which air vent goes to which tank? I want to replace my black tank air vent with the air vent from Camping World that rotates with the wind direction. I have used it on other trailers to control black tank odor. I have two grey tanks and the black tank. I just need to identify the black tank vent. Any ideas?

jbeletti

The black tank vent likely goes up the wall behind the commode. Look for a vent on the roof in an area over that wall.

Another way to be sure is to pop the top off the vent you think is the black tank vent and run water from the garden hose down the vent in an effort to place a large amount of water in the tank.

If the black tank is the one filling up - you found it.

Jim

wdk450

Another idea

The black tank vent likely goes up the wall behind the commode. Look for a vent on the roof in an area over that wall.

Another way to be sure is to pop the top off the vent you think is the black tank vent and run water from the garden hose down the vent in an effort to place a large amount of water in the tank.

If the black tank is the one filling up - you found it.

Jim

How about getting on the roof, putting your ear to the vent, and having your wife flush the toilet?

djg57

Thanks for the ideas. They're all good. I like the one where I listen for the water sound as the toilet is flushed. Thanks for the help. Enjoy your summer. djg57

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Use a 1/4 plastic hose, get your wife to suck some of the water up and see if it tastes gray or black from the roof vent pipe. Be sure to take the ladder off the rv so she can't get to you.