Hitch Question

ArkSlim

I,m getting a 2010 BH 3410, and would like to know what hitch it has, because I,m trying to deside on a trail air,mor-ride or another couple of brands and need to know the brand and # of the hitch. Also is one of the aftermarket hitches better than another:confused:

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
ArkSlim, if you haven't received your rig yet why not order it with an air ride installed? It would be a little bit cheaper than buying one and then installing it. When we ordered our BH we ordered it with the TrailAir installed and saved some money.

jayc

Legendary Member
Arkslim,
Trailers do not generally come with a hitch unless the dealer furnishes one to the customer. I would contact my dealer to find out if he intends to give you a hitch as a part of the deal.

ArkSlim

misunderstanding ???

What I was trying to determine was what hitch in put on a bighorn 3410 at the factory? I know every unit has a hitch installed at the factory so the haulers can deliver the units to the dealers. You hace to know the brand and model # of this hitch to find out what air-ride hitch you need.Also I would appreciate recomendations on aftermarket hitches:)

Correction I had wrong name for the part I,m looking for instead of hitch # I should have ask for the # of the pin box. Sorry

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think the only optional hitch from Heartland is a Trail Air. There are others comparable on the market. You might inquire if Heartland can furnish the new version of the Trail Air with the Tri-Glide lower jaw. This is the best of both worlds. The Trail air cushions the vertical movement and the tri-glide jaw removes the chucking associated with bad roads, concrete expansion joints and bridge expansion joints.

geeksrus

I think the only optional hitch from Heartland is a Trail Air. There are others comparable on the market. You might inquire if Heartland can furnish the new version of the Trail Air with the Tri-Glide lower jaw. This is the best of both worlds. The Trail air cushions the vertical movement and the tri-glide jaw removes the chucking associated with bad roads, concrete expansion joints and bridge expansion joints.

My 2008 BH3400RL came with an optional 5th AirBorne Pin Box. If I remember correctly, we ordered a different brand but the unit came with this one. I'm very pleased with it.

Eh!