Satellite hook up in bedroom 3670

Moving in and getting settled in our new prize.
We finally figured out the sat. hook up for the main tv in the living room. Now we need help for the bedroom sat. connection.
We have the box from Dish that allows 2 TV's at once to watch and record programs. We are now trying to send the programing to the bedroom tv but are having some difficulties.
Can you tell me where we hook "tv 2 sat connection" up to? And what will the bedroom tv have to be hooked up to in the bedroom? Will a splitter have to be used?
What we wont' positively do, is run extra cable and drill holes.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

2010augusta

I do not have dish network, but I do have Directv. You might be able to run the out put of the DVR to the the cable connection on the wall and then hook the bedroom tv up to the cable connection in the bedroom, if you do this you will be unable to use cable and the antenna. you would only have satellite.

Personally, I would just get a second receiver for the bedroom, I did snake a second satellite input to the entertainment center, so I can record two channels at the same time.

You can not use a splitter on satellite systems. The signals are polarized and the splitters mess it all up. You can use a multi-switch with two inputs and 3,4, or more outputs.

The factory wiring is setup to for one receiver with one input in the ent center and one receiver with one input in the bedroom.

osims

bsims
You might do a search on this subject, someone did the same thing about a week ago. You can make the dual tuner receiver work by backfeeding and using diplexers. Diplexers are like splitters but made for sat. use.
Bill

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes to what Alan said. I did run 2 new cables for the satellite recievers. No new holes drilled and it is not that hard to do. Bob:D