Portable Potable Water Tanks

vangoes

Due to the issues some of us have with the amount of water needed in our tanks before the pump will pick up and the difficulties of draining them completely, I am thinking of rigging a 5 -7 gal. portable tank in the basement and using the antifreeze tubes for the pick up. This will provide water for toilet flushing and hand washing while on the road. We seldom drycamp so I do not want the weight or problems associated with filling the rigs FW tank for travel. Does anyone have suggestions as to where a 5 to 7 gallon potable and vented water tank can be purchased?

jbeletti

Van,

I am not sure who it was but someone on the forum has done what you are suggesting. I think they rarely or never use/need the fresh water tank so they just use a small jug and pull from that.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Van,

I am not sure who it was but someone on the forum has done what you are suggesting. I think they rarely or never use/need the fresh water tank so they just use a small jug and pull from that.

Jim

Interesting idea. Possibly be adding a temporary extension to the antifreeze tube and inserting it into a plastic 5-gallon jerry can (they have a vent), it would answer the question. And provide emergency toilet flush when the power goes out (and the CG water system stops).:(

rick_debbie_gallant

Having redone a few boats in my few years, one can get water tanks that can be used for either yuck water or potable water. West Marine has blue bladder collapse-able tanks from 13 gals in size to 52 gals. That might be the way to go. prices are from 113 to 200 bucks. not bad at all and you can fold them up when you don't need them. They also have polyethelen tanks that are rigid. Just go to westmarine.com and go to the plumbing section...

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Jim B,
I think you that that in My Big Horn

In my Big Horn basement, I put a 7 Gal. Water Jug I purchased from WalMart for $ 7.00. Bought some web strapping and secured to the bedroom Floor Rafters. I used the antifreeze draw tube to supply the water to the trailer. Works great!