Holding, gray 1 and gray 2 don't drain completely

patrick1945

Or so the sensor tells me. The best reading I can get after leaving open for the night is down to 2/3 on holding and gray 2 with gray 1 being 1/3.

Question 1-what is the issue and remedy here?
Question 2-Gray 1 is for what and gray 2 for what? (kitchen or shower)

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
I cannot answer the Gray 1 versus 2 question but the sensors are mostly useless IMHO but no big deal.

Our sensors started to mis-read after about three months and we don't even think about them anymore or care. Once you get used to "your" usage of grays and black you either A) Just know when to drain or B) the water for the gray at least) starts to creep into your shower! When the black needs draining your nose will let you know.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
I also can't answer grey 1 and 2 but I agree with Ron on the sensors. When we are on site I leave grays open so they drain all the time.

Mike

jvblade

Canadian Member
I was told by our dealer service rep that the 1/3 and empty tank sensors are at almost the same level so it is very likely that even though they are empty the 1/3 could still be showing a level. One of my grey water tanks will show 1/3 when empty the other not. Go figure. :confused:

As for the black water tank - since there is a lot more "stuff" in this tank, it is possible that something will get stuck on the sensor. Toilet paper will do this. Try using your black water tank flush if you have one. You can also try the ice cube method. Two bags of crushed ice down the toilet with some water level, drive down a winding road and it will clean off the sensors. Works great!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Grey 1 is usually the shower and bathroom sink, and Grey 2 is the galley (kitchen)....

Gaffer

What was the "recipe" for keeping the sensors clean with Calgon ans liquid dish soap? I believe the post said that the Calgon makes the black tank slippery so that stuff doesn't stick to it.

jvblade

Canadian Member
What was the "recipe" for keeping the sensors clean with Calgon ans liquid dish soap? I believe the post said that the Calgon makes the black tank slippery so that stuff doesn't stick to it.

Never heard of this one but it might be worth a try. I still think the best way to check the level of the black water tank is to look down the toilet. :eek: Just plug your nose!!

2010augusta

If you think that the tank are not emptying completely, a simple fix is to make sure that the trailer is just slightly door-side high. the drains all run towards the off-door-side and this helps to insure the everything is leaving the tanks.

with over a year of use now all of our sensors still read correct levels. (i.e. empty after dumping.)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You will know when the black tank needs to be emptied when the toilet starts 'burping' when you flush it. But if it is 'burping' don't flush it while sitting down and have something to clean up the 'burped liquid. Yuck!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2010augusta

You will know when the black tank needs to be emptied when the toilet starts 'burping' when you flush it. But if it is 'burping' don't flush it while sitting down and have something to clean up the 'burped liquid. Yuck!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

But is it that first burp, that you have to watch out for... seems like something just reached up and gives you a big wet slap. Now I stand up everytime before flushing.

Northern Virginia
The indicators on our Landmark also still read correctly (1 1/2 years of weekend camping)

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
We have tried the "GEO" method, the Calgon, leaning the door-side upward etc....(Still always set-up with a slight lean)

Either your sensors work or they do not apparently from reading these posts. As stated earlier we have moved-on and do not even think about it anymore. We just "know" when to drain based upon a history of our usage.

Both our sensors are "Stuck" at 2/3 no matter what!:D