Tacoma RV Show

2010augusta

Well I found out the the Tacoma RV show was this week so since the weather is very wet today and the show was inside, I went.

It was a HUGH disappointment. there were only a hand full of accessory vendors, the only one I stopped at was the Rescue Tape, so I pick up a few rolls, and continued on pass the home window vendors.

It might just be the economy, but most of the RV's at the show were lower end travel trailers and small fifth wheels.

I wanted to look at the high end fifth wheels to see what others were offering. There were only 2 Moble Suites, 1 Select Suite, 1 Escalade, and 1 other that I never even heard of before. There were a few Montanas and Cougers and the like, but NO Landmarks, NO Big Horns, NO Big Countries, NO Elk Ridges, NO Sundances, NO Cyclones, NO Road Warriors. There were 3 or 4 North Trail travel trailers, But That was the only Heartland products at the show.

The MS and SS were nice but the interior was not up to same level has the Landmark. the cabinet door latches felt cheap, and the doors did not shut well, the lighting seemed very "harsh", and they can only use side-by-side and combo Washer-dryers, no stackables. The cover to the range was hinged to the range and could not be removed, so it limits the useable space for the back two burners.

The only feature on the inside that I really like was the fact that the pocket doors had latches and locks to hold them open while traveling.

I also looked at some of the new Air Streams. I went in about a 28" unit and it was nice, small but nice, the shower was too small for me to stand in and there are of course no slides, I left the unit and looked at the show price and that "little" air stream was more than we paid for the Landmark:eek:

We will definitely be keep the Landmark for a lot longer. Good work Heartland on delivering such a value packed unit, but you need to work you dealers hard and get more units out to the shows.

wdk450

2010 Augusta: You can get the rescue tape (stretchable black silicon self adhesive bonding tape) in the plumbing section of WalMart for less than they sell it for at the Fairs, etc.

Cimriver

Your comments on the show are interesting. We attended both the January and March show in Denver. While the shows were smaller than previous years, they did have a pretty wide range of towables. Pretty much all prices breaks. Heartland was well represented at both shows. Very few Class A's at either show.

ralphpam

We went to the Feb. RV show in Seattle and it was the same, loads of low end tt's, very few 5th wheels and only a handful of larger 5vers, no Heartland products and a lot of window vendors but not much for RV,s. It was interesting to note that was only one new motorhome and about four used one. We talked to a couple of salesmen and they said the low end tt's, mainly bunkhouses for young families are what is selling so that is what they are bringing to the show. We were disappointed to say the least.