AC Vents in a 2011 3850

shriver63

Where can I get air condition duct vents that are adjustable to regulate where the cool air goes? I want good quality that fit the factory holes and shut off completely. There's no need for the master bedroom to get all the air since there is a second a/c there.

Bri

The duct work in our 2011 North Country is weak. The fan on the AC unit blows a lot of air in the dump mode, but when the dump vents are closed the air coming through the ducts is almost undetectable. I like like the looks of that louvered adjustable vent in Jim's link. Shriver, did you try installing one? It looks like the vents in our '02 2502 Rockwood. That trailer had a great AC unit and the circulation through the ducts was terrific.

jimtoo

Hi Bri,

There are a lot folks that have done this tent in the vent mod. It really helps the air flow and is easy to do. You can even do it with some cardboard or heavy paper to try it first. In post #3 Jim has some really good pictures.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the round AC vents, and we have purchased the top choicefrom the link above (click here) for the vent that is over the cabinets in the kitchen. I guess a tiny bit leaks out as the seal is not a complete one. You can twist it to open (lower the center section) if needed.

I think it helps direct air beyond, to the bathroom and bedroom ducts.

E