Receiver for 2011 Bighorn 3670RL

sdagro

Been waiting to hear back from Heartland as well as Lippert regarding a receiver/hitch to mount onto the existing factory installed brackets. My dealer has called as well as myself and no one seems to know anything about the hitch. I know since the brackets were installed by you all or Lippert that there has to be a receiver/hitch to go onto them. I appreciate a response on this issue. Steve A. Dagro

tcbrady

the 2011 model Bighorn units have factory installed brackets that allow you to add a receiver bike hitch. This can be added to your Bighorn - the part # is 50745 (Bike Hitch, Curved: Lippert) and can be ordered through our parts department. As an FYI - the bike hitch is rated for 150 lbs.

thanks, Coley

sdagro

Much Thanks to you. Talked to a guy in parts at Lippert today and he seemed to be the most knowledgeable of anyone I've spoken to on this matter. He told me the wt. limit was 110# including the bike rack. I like your #'s better. Now I have a part # to identify with also. Can I call Heartland directly or should I go thru my dealer? Also measured the brackets on my 3670 and i think it was exactly 69". All the ones this parts guy told me about were like 65 5/16 and shorter. Can you confirm that for me?? Thanks again and I await your reply

tcbrady

The width of the receiver is 68 3/8"
Attached is the install drawing.
If you need anything else, let me know.

Attachments

• 240221 (2)..pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 134

Pizzaguy

I would like to know the cost on these also. Asked my dealer to check into cost a week ago and haven't heard from them yet.

sdagro

I would like to know the cost on these also. Asked my dealer to check into cost a week ago and haven't heard from them yet.

Lippert emailed me last week with a part# also and told me the price was $131.25. The part # is not the same as Heartland but perhaps they just have there own part #. Hopefully Coley with Heartland will give us a price also. Picture of bracket seems correct, and so is the measurement. Just want price from Heartland. Steve A. Dagro

jimtoo

Just call, Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

They will transfer you to parts... and you will get a real live person.

Jim M

jimtoo

I would think any good welder could add brackets and make it work. Just do not know if the new models frame has reinforcement where the brackets are. But here again, it did not come from the factory with brackets, so frame warranty is probably void.

sdagro

Hey guys,

After looking at the receiver as well as my brackets on the 2011 3670,they seem to be nothing more than a 10-12in piece of 4-5" channel welded to the frame on each side. That said, I would not attempt to weld to an already assembled 5ver for you don't know what is near there,ie, plastic holding tank etc. I would bolt the brackets onto the frame. Check with heartland prior to proceeding to check on warranty allowances. I am going to order my receiver tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies and I hope mine helps someone out as well. Steve A. Dagro

sdagro

the 2011 model Bighorn units have factory installed brackets that allow you to add a receiver bike hitch. This can be added to your Bighorn - the part # is 50745 (Bike Hitch, Curved: Lippert) and can be ordered through our parts department. As an FYI - the bike hitch is rated for 150 lbs.

thanks, Coley

Ordered my hitch 2 weeks tomorrow and haven't heard anything yet. I was told from Heartland parts dept. that they would contact me when they received it to get CC info. Haven't heard from them yet. What is your advice. Thank you Steve

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Please call Heartland Customer Service, Parts at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 to inquire about the status of your parts order.

sdagro

Received a call from Heartland this morning. My receiver is in and will be shipped out today. They said I should have it by Friday. Steve

sdagro

Received my receiver on Friday. There is actually 2 brackets included in the crate for those older models that do not have the brackets pre-installed. Pretty neat.

Gaffer

Please post pictures of the brackets and hitch. Any installation instructions for those of us with out the brackets from the factory?