slides closer at top than bottom

tmcran

While cleaning up after trip I was feeling around the slides on the living room and back bedroom. At the top and about 2/3 down on both slides the distance between the RV and slides were very close. I could not get my fingers in at all and just could feel the rubber seals. From about a 1/3 down to the bottom the distance between the slideand the seal on RV got larger. About the last foot or so I could get my fingers between the seal on the side and the slide of the RV. I have not noticed any leaking when the slides are in when driving in rain. I just don't recall there being that great a space at the bottom end of both slides. Anyone else have this situation?

bighorn3370

I'm not sure about the getting my fingers in between the seals, but I know the bottoms do not close as tightly as the tops. I was thinking maybe 1/8" or so.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I noticed the same thing on my main slide last season. You could actually see the angle of the fascia trim was off, and I had a ridge where the slide ended under the carpet. Never leaked, even in heavy rains. When I took it to the dealer at the end of last season, I had them check it and adjust it. Sits perfect now.

Jimmyt5

There are two adjusting bolts under the slide. You loosen the two nuts holding the slide arm and adjust the bolt which way you need....

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
TC, as Jimmyt5 said, there are 2 vertical adjusting bolts. But you have to loosen the bolts at the ends of the arms before anything will move. There are 4 of them. When I did mine, I had to run the slide in and out get it to reset. You can see if it moves by the paint marks on the "feet". Remember, turn the bolts down (loosen) to let the bottom of the slide move in. 3/4" socket, ratchet, and end wrench will do the job.