110v wiring problem

The walk thru at the dealer was rushed (not all their fault ) and the electrical appliances worked at the dealers walkthru.When I got the Sundance home and plugged it in to the GFI in my garage, it tripped it immediately. after two days of checking ckt by ckt and outlet by outlet (no wiring diagram) a friend and I dicsovered a nuteral to ground short in the sofa dininette slide out. I opened the junction box behind the sofa and isolated the defect with wire nuts.This let every thing else work except two outlets in the slide out. 1. behind the sofa at the floor for the air mattress and 2. on the wall by the dinette for a laptop or coffee pot. If the factory or the dealer had done their pre-delivery checks using a GFI outlet this wouldn't have happened. I haven't talked to the dealer about this as I'm still trying to find time in my schedule to do a complete check and thought I would address all problems at one time.

RollingHome

John, I believe Edwards1000 isolated the problem by opening the circuit when he took off the wire nut and seperated the wires.

Edwards1000, welcome to the wonderful world of RV'ing. Now you and your friend can help others with your expertise and experience. This won't be your last "troubleshooting experience" and it is just the way it is. You boned up to a tough trouble shooting chore and you solved it. For this I give you kudo's and commend you for not being a whiner, way to go !

In my many years of bringing new circuits and projects to life, almost everytime we experinced "NEW" problems, almost always the karma's of failure were nipping at our heals... but, like you we stuck with it and won :) Happy RV'ing and enjoy your new toy ! The worst is behind you ! Tom