How to remove ceiling vent covers?

RoadJunkie

Do the plastic vent covers on the ceiling of a BH just pop off or is there a secret to getting them off? Didn't want to pull too hard until I got some feedback. Thanks.

ihsolutions

Mine just pop off. I've removed many of them at one point, to block the vents to the rear of the RV to increase airflow to the bedroom.

The bedroom/living room temperature balance is much better synchronized, now.

jimtoo

Mine have 4 screws around the outer edge of the ceiling vents... I have never seen one without screws.

RoadJunkie

Well I pulled on the vent cover, held my breath, pulled a little harder and...POP, the cover was in my hand. Screws hold the cover base in place (4) and managed to leave them in tact. I did this in the bedroom and was surprised to see that styrofoam ducting continues beyond the vent towards the closet. I'm thinking of sticking some closed cell foam in the dead space to block off the superfluous ducting.

scotty

Well I pulled on the vent cover, held my breath, pulled a little harder and...POP, the cover was in my hand. Screws hold the cover base in place (4) and managed to leave them in tact. I did this in the bedroom and was surprised to see that styrofoam ducting continues beyond the vent towards the closet. I'm thinking of sticking some closed cell foam in the dead space to block off the superfluous ducting.

I think a couple of others have done just that and have had good results. There is a lot of reading on this very issue, sorry don't recall the forum, but do a search.