Rig Weighing @ Rally?

navyAZ1

Has anyone who had their rig weighed at the Nashville Rally received their computer print out from these folks? We were told it would be 2 to 3 weeks and we would receive a computer generated read out on our rig weighing but we have yet to see this. Frankly I'm really disappointed with these folks, when we had our rig weighed at the Branson Rally the person doing the service gave us our read out right there on the spot. Don't think I'll use these folks again.:confused:

sgtbigb

I also was promise a computor print out and has yet received it. You are right at Branson you got a reading on the spot. Maybe he has gotton to big:=(

jbeletti

Hi all,

After reading this thread, I contacted Rick Lang of the RVSEF, the guy who has provided our weighing service the last 2 years.

Rick passed my email onto RVSEF headquarters. Walter Cannon supplied an explanation via email. I have copied it below. Note also that everyone should have received your rig weights during the rally in hand-written form. What is typed and mailed from RVSEF HQ is a confirmation of what was discussed at the time of weighing.

Myself and Rick Lang apologize for any misunderstanding.

Jim Beletti

EMAIL FROM RVSEF HEADQUARTERS
<hr>From: wcannon4@hotmail.com
Subject: Has anyone who had their rig weighed at the Nashville Rally
received their computer print out from these folks?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:29:37 -0400

I apologize for the delay in sending reports. Due to a heavy schedules for our team and myself we are currently finishing up the reports and will be in Wed USPS. I have spoken to several members concerning availability of inflation guides for your tires.

Again I apologize and will have reports our shortly. Our normal processing time is 3 - 4 weeks this time of year.

Thanks,

Walter C. Cannon
Executive Director
RV Safety & Education Foundation
Tel 321-453-7673
Fax 321-453-3853

navyAZ1

Thanks for the help Jim, we shall look for this in our mail. To be honest though, I'm still not impressed with these folks. When we were weighed in Branson the fellow who was doing that asked a lot more questions, such as; what were the levels of all our holding tanks, gas bottles, and such, plus they checked your tire pressure and many other things. Granted it took just a little longer to get the weigh-in done due to this and then they gave you the computer read out right there and he explained any problem areas he saw and gave suggestions as to what you could do to remedy these. The fellow at Branson just seemed much more professional, just my opinion tho!

Thanks,

Ron

jbeletti

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, there are process differences between the RVSEF weighing crew and the Weight-It crew. Each have their pros and cons. Bear in mind also that each year, I am lucky to get either of them to our rally as they are both pretty scarce commodities.

Weigh-it (Stacey and Gail) run a single crew - themselves :) The RVSEF run, I believe 2 crews (Rick Lang and someone else). So, with all the RV rallies going on through-out the year, I take who I can get.

Again - really appreciate the feedback and for RVSEF to hear your sentiment, is helpful to them to know how their customers feel about their service. This allows them to improve.

Jim

I E-Mailed Rick last week and he said we should get the reports any day now. We are in Wisconsin now and will check the mail
when we return.

Bernie55

Hope its in the mail today..I didn't want to complain...First time it was weighted, so i am looking forward to the results....Thanks Jim for checking it out...

Bernie55

Got ours yesterday, it was pretty good.......The GVWR of the Dodge was 625lbs over.....Don't fully understand it......The Sundance is rated 13,000, it weighted in at 10,750....The Dodge is rated at 9,000. and weighted in at 7,575. But when they are put together the truck is 625lbs over...