2 Gray Water Tanks?

Greetings all,
I just took delivery of a new EDGE M21 and it has 2 Gray Water Tanks. Could someone tell me which one is considered the black water tank, #1 or #2 (that's how they are labeled). Thanks.

floridarandy

Greetings all,
I just took delivery of a new EDGE M21 and it has 2 Gray Water Tanks. Could someone tell me which one is considered the black water tank, #1 or #2 (that's how they are labeled). Thanks.

By what shows on the specs there is 1-Gray and 1-Black and 1-Freshwater tank. Both the gray and black are the same size. Drains should be clearly labeled. Check user manual.

By what shows on the specs there is 1-Gray and 1-Black and 1-Freshwater tank. Both the gray and black are the same size. Drains should be clearly labeled. Check user manual.

Unfortunately they are labeled as "Gray Water#1" and "Gray Water #2". #1 appears to drain the forward most tank and #2 the aft most tank. I'm thinking 1 is for the kitchen/shower and 2 is appropriately labeled for the commode.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you still don't know and haven't used the toilet for its intended purpose yet, you could put some food coloring into a bucket of water, dump it down the toilet and then open the valves, one at a time. The one that dispenses the colored water will be your black tank.

If you have used the toilet, then you'll still be able to tell. Just be sure to hook to the sewer first:eek:

garyt

The aft valve is the black (toilet) water tank: the foreward valve is the gray water (sink/shower) tank. Always drain the black water tank at the sanitation station and then flush out the drain line with the gray water.

Gary T
2011 M21

I purchased a 2011 Edge M21 this past fall. I would think that the tanks should be marked better (instead of #1 and #2). The information I received with the trailer did not explain which is which.