ATF: Bighorn - Mor/Ryde IS

ihsolutions

I currently have a 2011 BH 3670RL and am considering ordering a new one (unsure which floorplan) to change some things I don't think I got right the first time, for instance, deleting the sofa and recliners and supplying my own, adding the second A/C, etc.

Having had a broken axle already (after paying extra for the 8k axles), bent shocks (still) and springs that are starting to flatten (again), one of the things I'd really like to change is moving over to the Mor/Ryde IS system.

My question: is it possible that this can be ordered through Heartland, rather than paying for brand new axles, springs, brakes, etc only to drive down the road, discard those brand new parts, and have the IS system installed? Seems inefficient to do it that way, as well as more costly since brand new parts are being thrown out.

Lastly, when should I order a new unit to ensure I get a 2012 model year as opposed to 2011?

K

karykatz

Ihsolutions,

Does your Bighorn have dexter Axels?

You can order unit without furniture.

Model change is still to be determined. When we have a definite date we will let everyone know on the forum.

I hope this helps.

lwmcguir

I currently have a 2011 BH 3670RL and am considering ordering a new one (unsure which floorplan) to change some things I don't think I got right the first time, for instance, deleting the sofa and recliners and supplying my own, adding the second A/C, etc.

Having had a broken axle already (after paying extra for the 8k axles), bent shocks (still) and springs that are starting to flatten (again), one of the things I'd really like to change is moving over to the Mor/Ryde IS system.

My question: is it possible that this can be ordered through Heartland, rather than paying for brand new axles, springs, brakes, etc only to drive down the road, discard those brand new parts, and have the IS system installed? Seems inefficient to do it that way, as well as more costly since brand new parts are being thrown out.

Lastly, when should I order a new unit to ensure I get a 2012 model year as opposed to 2011?

We installed the 8K axles with the wide brakes. There is absolutely no room for shocks. How were you able to keep the shocks with the wide drums? Our springs are as good as when they were new as well. Strange yours would be getting flat already. Ours are two years old.

ihsolutions

Kary,

No, I have Lippert axles. Mine was before the change, built in March 2010. I'm coming out of warranty real soon.

lwmcguir,

I've got the same axles/brakes. The shocks are really close to the brake drum. So close, that, when my axle broke last year, it slid over a tiny bit and the drum brake wore right through the side of the shock. See pic:

Attachments

• IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    772.8 KB · Views: 61