Where the water going?

herefishy

When we did our PDI on our 2011 Bighorn 3055 the water system was frozen at the dealership so we couldn't fill the tanks like we wanted to do. Now at home attached to city water we started to fill the shower/br grey tank #1. After about 10 minutes the guage said 1/3 and after another 10 minutes 2/3. Then after 20+ more minutes guage not showing full or water not appearing in shower or sink. We took of three screws of the underbelly by the steps and couldn't really see anything unusual. Where should we go from here?

Last edited:

TedS

Sounds like it's time to take it back to the dealer.

Is the other grey tank showing any water level? Wonder if they are connected together.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try taking off a basement wall panel and get an eyeball back there. Also, are you sure neither the black tank or gray #2 valve was open while you were filling gray #1, with the sewer cap on? What do your level indicators say for those tanks?

herefishy

RoadJunkie wrote a private message: "I think you're issue with the gray water gauge is that the level indicating system is not linear. In my unit--and for all holding tanks--the 1/3 level is reached rather quickly, but the period between 3/4 and full can take quite a while as compared to reaching the other levels."

I just let it keep filling and eventually the guage showed full and then after quite a while water appeared in the sink in the kitchen and the shower in the bathroom.

JohnDar

Still doesn't sound right, unless the 3055 only has one gray tank (not?). If you were filling Gray #1 via the bathroom shower, you should not have had water rising in the kitchen sink. Other than the sewer dump connection, Gray #1 (bath vanity, shower and maybe a W/D) and Gray #2 (the kitchen only) are not interconnected.

herefishy

Sorry John, that post of mine is midleading. I should have said when I filled the bathroom sink the water came up through the shower. When I filled the kitchen sink the water backed up in the kitchen sink. On our Bighorn 3055 the guage #1 is the bathroom and guage #2 is the kitchen.

JohnDar

Sorry John, that post of mine is midleading. I should have said when I filled the bathroom sink the water came up through the shower. When I filled the kitchen sink the water backed up in the kitchen sink. On our Bighorn 3055 the guage #1 is the bathroom and guage #2 is the kitchen.

OK, I'm unconfused now :confused: