Tire Pressure

jarnold60

I have a 2009 3055RL and I'm wondering what is the correct tire pressure for the Mission tires. The sidewall says max 80psi, is this what I should use? Also where is the manufacturers label indicating capacities and weights located? Thanks.

tmcran

Use the tire pressure stamped on the tires. Load ratings are also on the side wall .IMO I would consider getting a different brand. Lots of problems with the Mission tires. Also check pressure when tires are cold.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know when they changed labels, but look inside some kitchen cabinets. Likely over the microwave. Or look on the door jamb.
I agree with the previous post, get rid of the Missions. And inflate to the max air pressure listed on the sidewall.

Peace
Dave

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
What problems Exactly do the Mission tires have. Please no personal thoughts, just verifiable facts! Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mission tires have been known to have a high rate of blowouts causing damage. Some people have been lucky enough to catch the bulge before having the blowout.
Do a Google search for Mission tires.

Peace
Dave

Jimmyt5

I had 2 that I was able to catch with a TPMS and one with a fist size balloon on the sidewall as I pulled into my driveway.

jarnold60

Thanks everyone, I will consider changing tires. I have looked on the inside of every cupboard but can't find the label. I'll keep looking.

GOTTOYS

If you find the label the tire pressure probably won't be on it anyway. They are designed to be run at maximum pressure. Only concern is load carrying capacity not ride and handling like a passenger vehicle. Run don't walk to a tire dealer and put on a set of LT truck tires size 235/85/16 load range E. Any brand will do as long as they are American made with the only exception being Maxxis. On a 2009 model it's surprising the Mission tires haven't fallen apart yet. Don

TXBobcat

Fulltime
jarnold60
When I first got my Bighorn I went to Discount Tire Co. and replaced the Mission and Freestar tires immediately with Michelin XPS Ribs. I have had no problem with the tires and would highly recommend them to you for your trailer. Air them up to 80psi. They are more expensive but if you concider that if you put cheap tires on your trailer and you have a blow out you can damage your trailer and cost you a lot more in money and time.

FWIW
BC