Good Sam ERS ap for Droid phone

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A new ap has just been released for the Droid smart phone. This ap is for Good Sam Emergency Road Service. Here is how to get it free

• 1. Go to the "Market" on your Android phone
  • 2. Select "Search"
  • 3. Enter "Good Sam ERS" in the search field
  • 4. Once you've found the Good Sam ERS app for Android application, select it to install
  • 5. Follow the installation instructions
This ap will be released for the I-phones on August 1st.

Moose

Thanks.

I searched in Market on my Android Tablet and it doesn't find it.

Oh well. Win some . . . . lose a lot. LoL

merlinb

Retired
The correct title to search for in step 3 is, "Good Sam RV ERS." I downloaded it and my registration attempt failed also. Reading the reviews it is apparent that everyone else is experiencing the same thing. So, they have a "major" bug to fix. The app is a good idea; it will be nice when they get it working properly.

hcriddle

I called Good Sam yesterday and they told me the reason I was getting the failure was because so many people were trying download their info. We will see. I agree it will be nice when they have it functioning properly.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Just downloaded and entered the info into my droad. The registration info will not take your Good Sam's number but only your emergency road service membership number. Pretty cool.

merlinb

Retired
OK, I got my registration info in today so that part is working now. BTW, my Good Sam member number and my ERS member number number are exactly the same.

You may have some frustrations when you try to enter your vehicles. You have to chose from provided lists of makes, models, lengths, etc. and some of those lists are incomplete. Under Honda they list only 4 models and mine (CR-V) was not one of them. The correct length for my trailer was not available so I just chose the only one offered. Good luck.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I have tried since Good Sam announced and the search comes up with nothing on my Samsung Galaxy S. Maybe an issue with the Market which my phone accesses or a Canadian issue.../Doug

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have tried since Good Sam announced and the search comes up with nothing on my Samsung Galaxy S. Maybe an issue with the Market which my phone accesses or a Canadian issue.../Doug

I am not familiar with that phone but it is my understanding you have to have the Droid Operating system to get this app.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
The Galaxy S is an android, I contacted Good Sam and it is supported, could be a carrier issue, still awaiting more infor from Good Sam.../Doug