Roof top carriers-Anybody using one?

tdharley

I have heard a lot of talk about bumper carriers & have decided that there is not any easy way to do one on my BH.

I was thinking about going with this roof top carrier for bikes & my grandkids Power wheels

4v50ajk.jpg

What are your thoughts

Uncle Rog

tdh, GREAT idea, let me know how it works out. I think the first time I miracled a bunch of stuff up on top of my beast I would be looking for a low overpass to aid in unloading!!!!!!!!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
td
I think your biggest problem is going to hieght. Up here in BC there is a max vertical hieght which I think is 13.5 feet
Rand

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm thinking he's referring to the roof of his tow vehicle. I was thinking of the same thing for bikes. Since we have the crew cab, there should be room. The rear ladder holds our chairs and I'm in the process of building a carrier for my stepladder under the basement. Pictures when done. tomorrow???

tdharley

Yes I did mean the tow vehichle. It actually pretty perfect. Easy to get to from the bed of the truck.

I ordered it yesterday. With all the mounting hardware it was 412.00. If you do not need the mounting hardware (you have a roof rack) it is 256.61. I got better price since I found it cheaper on another site, but I like dealing with Auto Anything, they matched the price. I will post pics when I install it.