PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Goshen, IN - Heartland Gives Back (Babies Wrapped in Love)

Paul & Nan
02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Just wondering are we doing this this year as I have started working on some and wonder if I should continue. Let me know. Thanks Nan

jbeletti
02-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi Nan. We were just talking about you and Paul tonight - wondering if you were down here in south Teas or elsewhere this winter.

As for the baby blankets, no one is heading that up for Gillette at this time. I'd say, finish the one you're working on. If nothing comes together for Gillette, you'll be ahead for Goshen 2013, should we do it again there.

Cheryl!!! Where are you? :)

Jim

dieselsweetheart
02-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm here! Yes, save the blankets for Goshen unless someone wants to head that idea up for Gillette. Gillette is cold too in the winter!!!

But I will be sponsoring my "Babies Wrapped in Love" program in '13 in Goshen.

Thanks for asking!

jbeletti
02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Thank you Cheryl!

Jim

Paul & Nan
02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi Nan. We were just talking about you and Paul tonight - wondering if you were down here in south Teas or elsewhere this winter.

As for the baby blankets, no one is heading that up for Gillette at this time. I'd say, finish the one you're working on. If nothing comes together for Gillette, you'll be ahead for Goshen 2013, should we do it again there.

Cheryl!!! Where are you? :)

Jim

Jim, we are in East TX this winter. Still have to get the rest of the damage fixed on the rig from our problem in Memphis. Dealer is waiting on parts from Lippert.

thibideau
02-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Have purchased some yarn in anticipation of "Babies Wrapped in Love" for 2013. A very worthy cause

dieselsweetheart
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Thank you!! Can we break our record???

Also, don't forget... someone at the Goshen rally mentioned about saving those pop tabs from cans....so don't forget to save those too for Goshen 13....

Herbiesrig
03-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Just wondering what the dimensions for the blankets. Do they have to be made from yarn or can they be mini quilts?

jbeletti
03-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi Karen,

Cheryl will likely see this and let you know some customary dimensions.

For all - I changed the title of this thread to Goshen 2013 as we're not doing the baby blankets for Gillette.

Jim

Joy & Jeff
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi! I'd like more information on the blanket project please. Dimensions. Material and anything else I need to know. Thanks!

Joy

dieselsweetheart
06-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Blankets can be knitted or crocheted, 30" to 40" square or 30" x 36" if you want a rectangular afghan. This would be a good general size. Also, the fleece tie blankets were very popular last year too. Thanks for asking!!! We had some amazing blankets last year....the patterns and colors were gorgeous!!!

Ann_Mayer
09-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi Cheryl,

I loom knit hats with cocoons (buntings). Could you use some of these?

Ann

dieselsweetheart
09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Absolutely Ann....anything a baby would wear...will be much appreciated!

VKTalley
10-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Cheryl, I would love to contribute to this drive! Any yarn in particular? I am part of a prayer shawl ministry at my church and when we do baby items, we use only machine washable yarns, so I was wondering. I can make those type items while riding in our truck, nice portable projects.

kowAlski631
10-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi, Cheryl - we were hoping to be at the Goshen Rally, but we have another commitment out west that won't let us be there. Is there any way that I can get baby blankets to you so that they can be included or do you have any other suggestions? I can't just sit with my hands idle and either knit or crochet all the time (when I'm not on-line, of course).

MaryandSteve
11-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Hello Cheryl, We attended the MO rally and a bunch of us went to the local Quilt shop. We found a pattern for Self binding Baby Blankets made out of Flannel. Would those work for your drive? I still work and can sew up some faster then I can crochet or knit blankets.I would love to contribute.

Wife of Oscar8499
Mary Troyer Maisack
Mary Troyer Maisack
Centerpoint. IN 47840

May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.
May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content with yourself just the way you are.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps. if you are not willing to move your feet.

NittyGritty
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
This sounds fun! Is this going to be something we do in Goshen 2013? I would love to be a part of it! I am sure others in my Chapter would be as well!

Paul & Nan
12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Hey Angela, maybe we can arrange to make a project for the OK rally in April for this. It was so amazing in 2011 in Goshen. I already have a couple of blankets made. Let's get with Donna on doing something. Let me know.

NittyGritty
12-03-2012, 11:31 PM
I think it is a wonderful idea. But I will be at our Good Sams National Rally the same week we have our Oklahoma Chapter meeting. So I will not be there. :(

dieselsweetheart
01-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Hello ladies! Now that the holidays are over it's time to focus on the Goshen rally and the "Babies Wrapped in Love" (Heartland Gives Back) initiative. In case you are new and wonder what this is about...we are "giving back" to the Goshen/Elkhart community with our efforts in helping to keep babies warm and feeling the love with your handcrafted baby blankets (and other items if you have that talent, I myself can only crochet the blankets)....in 2011 we turned over 189 blankets, numerous booties, hats, etc to the Women's shelters in that area... if you were there, you know how overwhelmed I was at the site of bags and bags of items (when I only set a goal for 50)....the ladies were awesome in their skills and generosity!! If you don't have the knit/crochet talent, we also had the fleece tie blankets (no sew) and we had some store bought items...which were much appreciated as well!!!

If you would like more information about our blanket drive, please do not hesitate to message me! I look forward to hearing from you.

Crochet away!!! Sending you big hugs for your past donations!!!!

dieselsweetheart
01-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Let me just add.... to keep your items clean and for easier distribution, please place your finished item in a zip lock baggie. You can get the larger ones that work well at WalMart, Target, etc. I will have the tags to place on them so you can identify yourself as being the crafter of that item...this year I will hand them out earlier so they are all ready to go before we have our luncheon.

VKTalley
01-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the update, Cheryl! I will be donating this year. Baby items are easy and quick to do whither you crochet (like I do), knit, sew or no-sew. Looking forward to seeing what everyone does.

rick_debbie_gallant
01-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Debbie already has several baby blankets ready to go, better make that "many, many" blankets and quilts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo
01-03-2013, 02:13 AM
In the previous years,,, have any blankets been turned in that were done by the MAN of the trailer?? Just asking,,, might be a project for some of the guys that don't do anything but drink a cool one and watch TV. :) Might not be the purettyious thin afteRr one or twreee... cool ones... but who knows..

Jim M

dieselsweetheart
01-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Jim, guys can tie knots, right? The fleece no-sew blankets might be something the guys can do!! Well I used to date a guy who did needlepoint...so I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to think that guys could knit or crochet, right?? Just no duck tape please...that will scratch the babies!!

Note: I may have stepped back as chapter leader but that does not mean I wouldn't chair any other charity project. I am still a full "go" on anything Heartland puts together...including this!

dieselsweetheart
01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Rick and Debbie, thank you so much and looking forward to your creations at the rally!!

Nabo
01-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Cheryl - some of us don't crochet or knit but want to contribute. Will store bought blankets be ok?

dieselsweetheart
01-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Absolutely!! Thank you for asking!!! Store bought are very welcome!!! We want to keep these babies warm!!

VKTalley
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Just a quick note to those of you who will be doing polar fleece baby blankets. I was in my local Hancock Fabrics store today and they had a lot of fleece on sell for 60% off. Just thought I'd pass that along to those who are on a small budget but still want to contribute to the blanket drive.

dieselsweetheart
01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks Valerie!! I would like to ask that the ladies keep an eye out for the sale fleece and let us know! And everyone has a Michael's or an AC Moore, so keep an eye out for their yarn sales!! I had a couple of coupons and got the big skeins for 50% off.

VKTalley
01-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks Valerie!! I would like to ask that the ladies keep an eye out for the sale fleece and let us know! And everyone has a Michael's or an AC Moore, so keep an eye out for their yarn sales!! I had a couple of coupons and got the big skeins for 50% off.

Also watch Jo-Ann Fabrics, they put their yarns on sale often too. Another good place is Hobby Lobby (if you have one in your area). They run a 40% off regular price coupon often.

kowAlski631
01-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Yesterday (Sat, Jan 12th) found at AC Moore 1 lb baby yarn skein normally selling for $8.99/skein for $6/skein. Nice working yarn & they had a variety of colors there.

Martha

dieselsweetheart
01-14-2013, 02:18 PM
That's a great price Martha!! Thanks for posting!!

kowAlski631
01-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Knitting & crocheting like a crazy woman here. No babies due in our family or our friends families right now, so this keeps me out of trouble & is for such a worthy cause I love it.

dbylinski
01-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Martha can you bring some of your blankets to Lancaster so we can all see what you have done? Because of Superstorm Sandy we will not be able to go to Goshen. Please share with us before you go!

kowAlski631
01-14-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm meeting Cheryl to give them over to her since we live relatively close. We won't be able to go to Goshen since we have a long planned trip with some old friends. But I suspect that Cheryl & I can group after Lancaster (is that ok with you, Cheryl?) which will give me more creating time. But no prob - either way will bring some with me.

Martha

dieselsweetheart
01-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Absolutely Martha...I'm ready when you are!

lew2885
01-26-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm here! Yes, save the blankets for Goshen unless someone wants to head that idea up for Gillette. Gillette is cold too in the winter!!!

But I will be sponsoring my "Babies Wrapped in Love" program in '13 in Goshen.

Thanks for asking!

I'll gladly do blankets or sac/hat combos like 2 years ago. Please advise. Rita Lewis #1304

dieselsweetheart
01-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi Rita!! Crochet/knit away!!! There is also a thread on the general forum....Babies Wrapped in Love..... check it out!

Thanks!

dieselsweetheart
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I just started my first blanket...it's blue... someone donated about a dozen of the fleece receiving blankets to me so that's a good start!

jbeletti
02-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Cheryl,

Nancy doesn't sew but she bought 2 baby blankets to donate, while we were in Mexico this week. Add it to the pile :)

kowAlski631
02-03-2013, 07:41 AM
I have 2 completed - one knitted & one crocheted - and plan for 1 more at least before we meet. Howver, I found out since my last post that we are expecting a great grand nephew in late May - early June, so need to get a couple of things done for this young man!

mrs.truknutt
02-03-2013, 08:43 AM
I will be making the fleece blankets again this year. Planning on making five of them.

dieselsweetheart
02-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Thank Mrs. Truknutt!! I appreciate (and the babies will too) your donation!! How is everyone else doing?? Remember, we will accept ANY baby items...booties, hats, etc. If you are not a crafter, we would still love to have your donation of a store bought item! NOTHING will be turned away!!

dieselsweetheart
02-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Congratulations Martha on the new arrival in your family!!

katkens-DW
02-03-2013, 09:56 AM
OK Cheryl, My daughter works at a assisted living so I have ask her to ask the ladies there if they will make me some blankets. I will provide the yarn if they will make the blankets so we see how many I get...

dieselsweetheart
02-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks Kathy!! Ya those little ladies just love the babies!!!

Angela, are you going to the Goshen rally? I'm not sure if there would be a group of ladies doing the tie fleece blankets downstairs at the rally....in '11 we had about 5 ladies working on their blankets then. But best to have your blankets done before you come to Goshen...something else might interest you at the rally (sightseeing for example) and your time to make blankets then may run out. Just a thought...

kowAlski631
02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
As I knit for him, I think of how sad it is that other babies have no blankets. This is such a great idea so that everyone can contribute something. I plan to keep making at least a couple a year to donate to shelters or organizations as we travel the country. Thanks for organizing this, Cheryl!

neilandnanci
02-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Cheryl, This is our first national rally, but I will also be making some fleece blankets. (Not sure how many yet) My sister made several last year for her church, so she explained to me how to do them. I think it will be fun.

Nanci and Neil

dieselsweetheart
02-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks Nanci and welcome to the National Rally! This will be our third time to Goshen and we've had fun each time out!

JMVford
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Cheryl,
This is our first National Rally. I am so excited.
I hope to have 3-4 (more if I can get them done) baby quilts for you by then. Such a worthy cause.
Jodi

dieselsweetheart
02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks Jodi!!! Wait till you see all the ladies and their blankets!! Such a good feeling!!!

dieselsweetheart
02-04-2013, 02:32 PM
I wanted to share this information that was submitted to RV Business in 2011 (National Rally) by Jim Beletti as part of an interview done about the goodness of the Heartland family (among other pieces of information that he submitted). It will give you a good introduction of the Babies Wrapped in Love initiative... a "giving-back" to the community of Elkhart, IN. and their most vulnerable population...infants.

Many of the states' chapters have adopted this program, "Heartland Gives Back" as part of their service to the community where they host their state rallies. It's a wonderful (awesome) way to leave our "Heartland Mark" as a way of saying "we care!" We put the heart in Heartland~

So please take a moment to read:

"This community service project was chaired by Pennsylvania Chapter Leader, Cheryl Horst. The project goal was to have Heartland owners knit, sew or crochet baby blankets, caps and booties. These hand made items would then be donated to the Elkhart County Extension of Purdue University who in turn would provide the items to organizations such as RETA (Reason Enough To Act), Elkhart County Women's Shelter, Elkhart County High School Teenage Parent programs, Alternative School and Riley Hospital for Children (Indianapolis). Cheryl's goal was 50 baby blankets. Items were brought into the History room of the Elkhart County Community Center building on Fairgrounds property Saturday morning. The ladies who made the items were able to "show and share" their hand made items with one another. This "show and share" was followed by the donation of all items to Maryanne Leinhart-Cross, Purdue Extension Educator for Consumer and Family Sciences. Both Cheryl and Maryanne was overwhelmed with the shear size of the donation and the generosity of the Heartland owners group. By the end of the program, 189 blankets, 90 hats, 15 pairs of booties and more than 200 pieces of baby food items were donated."

23066 23067 23068230752307623077230782307923080

dieselsweetheart
02-06-2013, 09:00 AM
If you were part of the festivities in 2011 (the blanket lunch) you remember how much fun it was to see everyone and what they crafted. Ladies were swapping patterns, showing off their items, and helpers counted up the totals....when we realized we had 189 blankets...and numerous other baby hats, booties, etc... well, "amazing" doesn't seem to be a strong enough description. To set a goal for 50 blankets and to get almost 4 times that amount....almost didn't have the words for that.

Those who are new to the Heartland family (welcome!) and making Goshen 2013 your first National Rally, I ask you to take a minute to check out those photos in the previous thread. Then please consider making a baby blanket (or hats, booties, etc) donation in June.

Guaranteed, it will make you feel good to know you are giving warmth to a baby in need. (tissues please!)

Cheryl

bacaye
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Cheryl, Could you post a reminder as to exactly what they do with the blankets? I was asked but not positive who receives the blankets. Thanks, Barb

dieselsweetheart
02-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Hi Barb...sure, just look above to post #53 and you will see that the blankets are distributed to various groups wherever they are needed. I started out wanting them to go to a womens/babies shelter, and they went farther than that too. All I ask is that they be given to someone who truly needs one...which is why I didn't just want them dropped off at local hospitals delivery wards. I want the women who have NOTHING (or very little) in which to keep their babies cozy and warm......just a piece of love from our hearts to those baby hearts!

katkens-DW
02-22-2013, 07:38 AM
I agree with you Cheryl but I also think hospitals could use them too.. My grandson was born Jan 14 and had open heart surgery Jan 18 they had homemade quits and blankets on him. He just seemed so comfy wrapped up in those soft blankets.. He is fine now home with his mom. He is our little Angel and thank you to all the ladies out making these blankets with love the babies need them...

dieselsweetheart
02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi Kathy,

I know what you mean...I worked in a NICU for 25 years and we also had blankets for our babies. But usually there are "women's clubs" and the hospital auxiliary that makes those blankets for that hospital. I agree that hospitals (esp NICUs) use the blankets, but in this case, I want to reach the people who aren't being thought of....

and actually, when I talked to the director of the program, I specifically mentioned women's shelters...which she did see to they were recipients...but she also found other non-profits that were in need and benefited.

Hope that explains the choices that were made! I hope your grandson is doing well!

kowAlski631
02-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Great choice Cheryl. My youngest grandson (now almost 9 & a pistol) was in NICU for the first 5 days of his life so I understand where Kathy & Ken are coming from. I do believe that those kids in the homeless shelters & battered women shelters are the ones who are most often forgotten. The moms & babies (in many cases) been torn away from all that would comfort them and nothing comforts a mom more than having a warm blanket made with love to wrap their baby in. Just my thoughts.

Martha

dieselsweetheart
02-23-2013, 06:33 PM
I worked at Hershey Med Center for a period of time and those babies had tons of blankets. Some of them were soooooo nice too!! I just want to give our blankets to those who don't have anyone to help them.

Thanks ladies!! I'm going to get some work done on my blanket tonight!

dieselsweetheart
03-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Touching base with everyone and wondering how the blankets are coming along? I have one 1/2 done!! I need to get busier...but camping time is coming up and that's a great way to pass some time!

JohnDar
03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
I think Mrs. JohnDar has six sets, so far.

kowAlski631
03-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Have 3 done as of the moment - 2 knitted & 1 crocheted.

thibideau
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Cheryl

Have 3 completed and have 2 almost finished. Hoping to have 6 in total. See you in Goshen

neilandnanci
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Cheryl, I have 2 done and working on my 3rd one now. I am doing the tie ones and they are a lot of fun while we are on the road. It passes the time while my husband is driving. :rolleyes:

VKTalley
03-15-2013, 09:43 PM
I have one crochet blanket in progress and 5 crochet blankets I found at Goodwill along with one lightweight polar fleece (brand new). Hoping to get several more finished before June. Have yarn bought for about 5 blankets. Need to get through a wedding that I am coordinating at my church for a good friend's daughter....one more week and that will be done, then travel time with crocheting while Malcolm (MCT) drives.

kkamshop
03-16-2013, 11:36 AM
This year I have no time to make a blanket because I am the daily babysitter of our little granddaughter and am using every spare minute to finish a counted cross stitch stocking for another grandchild whose arrival is sometime the first week of July! The stocking is quite an undertaking, as I need to use a magnifying glass and readers to see where the needle should go, LOL.

Anyway, I will donate diapers and formula, which babies go through faster than you can imagine!

dieselsweetheart
03-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks Kathy and that reminds me of a something very important....ladies! You can still contribute even if you feel you weren't bitten by the crochet/knitting bug....don't forget about the "no-sew" tie fleece blankets...we had about a dozen of those donated last time...and they are just as cozy! My daughter had learned how to make them a few years ago so check with your family members to see if they know how to make them too! Fleece fabric is often put on sale and you can make a blanket for about $20 or less.

If sewing/tying knots is so totally not in your repertoire, think about a donation of diapers, formula, infant cereal, etc. They will all be welcome!!

There will be a luncheon on Friday of that week (as we had 2 years ago) for all contributors. I am looking forward to seeing you all and your wonderful donations!

I'll keep the thread active so we can stay in touch! Thanks!!!;)

JohnDar
03-25-2013, 08:51 AM
As a side note, if you're having difficulty finding those large Ziploc bags, Lowe's has them. Seems the local WalMarts only had the 10 gallon (XXL) size. Great if you're bagging a Volkswagen.

dieselsweetheart
03-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks Darlene!! LOL

Don't forget I will be handing out the tags to put onto your donations...I will do that early, probably at the first welcome night...so they can be tagged before Friday's lunch!

Also, store-bought blankets (for the non-sewing folks...and even the guys can shop!!) are perfect too!!!

neilandnanci
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Cheryl, If anyone has a Joanna's Craft and Fabric store near them, they have a premade kit with 2 pieces of fleece and the directions all together for $12.50 including tax. On the package it says $22.00 but they always have them half price. That way you can do the double thick tie blankets for a very reasonable price. FYI

dieselsweetheart
03-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Thanks Nanci for the update! If you can tie a knot, you can make a fleece blanket! And they are WARM!

Herbiesrig
03-26-2013, 06:47 AM
I have made about 20 plus new born hats, they are different sizes, as some babies have bigger heads than others.. Oh they are so soft.

dieselsweetheart
03-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Awesome!! Thank you sooooo much!!

VKTalley
04-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Just thought I'd check in and let you know that I'm up to 10 blankets (some made by me, some bought at Goodwill). All but one are handmade. Looking forward to Goshen and seeing what everyone donates!

kowAlski631
04-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Cheryl. Can't get a pm to go through to you regarding our meeting & your pm. Will try again tomorrow

dieselsweetheart
04-14-2013, 07:01 PM
I had to clean out my inbox....try again! I had a lot of messages.

dieselsweetheart
04-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I received 3 beautiful blankets from Martha in the mail this morning...Martha and Paul are not able to attend the Goshen rally, so I am very happy she put them in the mail for me!!! How is everyone else doing?? I am almost done with one and will start another one right away.... keep it up ladies!! We can make this happen!!! thanks!

neilandnanci
04-22-2013, 06:14 PM
I have 2 store bought and 3 tied blankets done so far. Working on my 4th one. Hope to have a total with the store bought ones of 8 or 10 for the cause.

dieselsweetheart
04-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Thank you Nanci!! I can't wait to see what everyone has!!!

jimtoo
05-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Well I struck it rich,,, kinda,, well for the babies anyway. We went to visit with my sister and BIL for a while Sunday... long trip 15 miles. When we started to leave she said, "Wait,, here take these with you.",,, she handed me a large bag... I opened the bag and it contained 8 crocheted baby blankets. So I will be bringing them to the rally. She sent,, I think 5 or 6 last time also.

Jim M

VKTalley
05-08-2013, 09:30 PM
YAY, Jimtoo!! That is an awesome gift coming from your sister! I am just about done with two more blankets. I have a tote in our rig's basement almost full of blankets. Can't wait for Goshen!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi Jim...I do remember your sister donating a lot of blankets last time!! Be sure to thank her for me!! Sounds like we are doing well....I am crocheting my little fingers off...

jimtoo
05-09-2013, 07:47 PM
I was thinking about saying I did them myself,,, but,,someone would want to know what stitch or what thread,,, then I would look like a dummie cause I would have not idea... soooo,,, I just hug my sister and thank her and she gets full credit.

Jim M

dieselsweetheart
05-15-2013, 11:23 AM
I just spoke to Mary Ann (who is the director of the agency that takes our blankets) and the blankets from 2011 were very much appreciated and were distributed to those in need through a few different community services..she will fill us in at our luncheon on the 21st. Don't forget we will have a luncheon to show off our donations and Mary Ann will be there to accept them and answer questions.

Hopefully the donations are piling up on your dining room tables!!! Thank you!!!!

jimtoo
05-24-2013, 06:04 PM
HI folks,

We will not be attending the Goshen rally due to the fact that Bette was involved in an accident on Mother's day returning home from church. She is bruised and shook up,,chest pains, due to seat belt. The air bags saved her from serious injury. She will be OK,, just takes time for the soreness to go away.. The insurance is moving very slow also, but will most likely be OK.

NOW.. I have 8 knitted baby blankets that my sister made for me to take to Goshen... anyone from South Texas going to Goshen that we can meet to see that the blankets get to Goshen?

Give me a PM or answer here.. or a loud holler.

Jim M

Now to edit... I have made arrangements with Kevin and Nelly to transport the blankets for us. Kevin and Nelly will be leaving their gate guard job Tuesday (5-28) and we will drive 60 miles or so to meet them and turn the delivery job over to them.

Just want to make sure my sister, Joan Rankin, of Beeville, Texas, gets credit for all the work and thread involved.

Jim M

dieselsweetheart
06-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Absolutely Jim and so sorry to hear about Bette's accident! Lucky it wasn't worse!! Tell her I am sending healing thoughts! thanks for getting the blankets to Kevin and Nelly and I will be in touch with them to secure the tags with your sister's name on them!! Not to worry!! Thanks again for everything and we will be sure to post baby blanket photos!!!!

dieselsweetheart
06-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Ladies (and gents), how is everyone doing? The magic countdown number is 15 for the lunch and baby blanket ceremony~ I have no clue how many blankets, etc we have "out there" but I hope it's a bunch~! Can we beat our record of 189 from 2011?

See you all soon~

dalspot
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm working on #4 today.

Karen

neilandnanci
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Cheryl, I have 11 blankets. 3 are store bought. I was hoping for a few more but then found out we are having another great grandbaby and got excited about that and started working on stuff for her. It will be fun to see all the blankets from everyone. Can't wait.

Nanci

dieselsweetheart
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks Karen and Nanci! I am working on #3 myself. Gonna be a fun time!

VKTalley
06-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Cheryl, I have about 15 blankets (I think). About half of them made by me and the rest I bought at thrift stores while we've been traveling. Looking forward to seeing all the different blankets and other items!

dieselsweetheart
06-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks Val! T-minus 14 days!!

dieselsweetheart
06-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Today is the day!!!! Today at 11am we are gathering in the History Room and bring our donations for the Babies Wrapped in Love program... I am so excited to see everyone! Don't forget I will have tags you can sign and put on your item. I will also have a count of how many pieces we are giving. Mary Ann Leinhart-Cross will be there to accept our donations and tell us how the blankets were distributed in 2011 and where she anticipates the needs are this year. There will be a light lunch from Subway for my donors. See you all in the History room at 11 am! And THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and God Bless you all from the bottom of my heart. Heartlanders are truly a special group of "giving back" people!

kowAlski631
06-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Thank you, Cheryl, for spearheading this effort. Wish I could be there.

JMVford
06-22-2013, 05:50 AM
I have to say. This was one of the most heartwarming experiences I have been a part of. Thanx Cheryl for all you do. You could just feel the love in that room.

neilandnanci
06-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Cheryl, Thank you for such a great event. I feel so honored to have been a part of it. Already thinking of new things to make for the 2014 rally in VA.

VKTalley
06-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Hey, Cheryl, I realized something after we finished up with the blankets....we did not have an accurate count as some ladies dropped off their blankets, left, and did not sign the white sheet of paper. Also, I will try to see you at dinner tonight (Saturday) and give you the Tote Bag papers.

dieselsweetheart
06-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. We will surely be making an impact on someone in need with those lovely blankets and other assorted items that were donated with love!

I am going to ask JB to officially close out this thread. I have started a BWIL thread and we can post off of that. I will then make a new thread for BWIL for VA at the beginning of 2014. In the meantime, I'm going out to buy some more yarn and get started!!!

danemayer
06-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Thread is now closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD