2013 Goshen, IN - Heartland Gives Back (Babies Wrapped in Love)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Re: Babies Wrapped in Love Blanket Drive for Goshen rally '13

Let me just add.... to keep your items clean and for easier distribution, please place your finished item in a zip lock baggie. You can get the larger ones that work well at WalMart, Target, etc. I will have the tags to place on them so you can identify yourself as being the crafter of that item...this year I will hand them out earlier so they are all ready to go before we have our luncheon.

VKTalley

Thanks for the update, Cheryl! I will be donating this year. Baby items are easy and quick to do whither you crochet (like I do), knit, sew or no-sew. Looking forward to seeing what everyone does.

rick_debbie_gallant

Babies Wrapped in Love Blanket Drive for Goshen rally '13

Debbie already has several baby blankets ready to go, better make that "many, many" blankets and quilts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

In the previous years,,, have any blankets been turned in that were done by the MAN of the trailer?? Just asking,,, might be a project for some of the guys that don't do anything but drink a cool one and watch TV. :) Might not be the purettyious thin afteRr one or twreee... cool ones... but who knows..

Jim M

dieselsweetheart

Jim, guys can tie knots, right? The fleece no-sew blankets might be something the guys can do!! Well I used to date a guy who did needlepoint...so I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to think that guys could knit or crochet, right?? Just no duck tape please...that will scratch the babies!!

Note: I may have stepped back as chapter leader but that does not mean I wouldn't chair any other charity project. I am still a full "go" on anything Heartland puts together...including this!

dieselsweetheart

Rick and Debbie, thank you so much and looking forward to your creations at the rally!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Cheryl - some of us don't crochet or knit but want to contribute. Will store bought blankets be ok?

dieselsweetheart

Absolutely!! Thank you for asking!!! Store bought are very welcome!!! We want to keep these babies warm!!

VKTalley

Just a quick note to those of you who will be doing polar fleece baby blankets. I was in my local Hancock Fabrics store today and they had a lot of fleece on sell for 60% off. Just thought I'd pass that along to those who are on a small budget but still want to contribute to the blanket drive.

dieselsweetheart

Thanks Valerie!! I would like to ask that the ladies keep an eye out for the sale fleece and let us know! And everyone has a Michael's or an AC Moore, so keep an eye out for their yarn sales!! I had a couple of coupons and got the big skeins for 50% off.

VKTalley

Thanks Valerie!! I would like to ask that the ladies keep an eye out for the sale fleece and let us know! And everyone has a Michael's or an AC Moore, so keep an eye out for their yarn sales!! I had a couple of coupons and got the big skeins for 50% off.

Also watch Jo-Ann Fabrics, they put their yarns on sale often too. Another good place is Hobby Lobby (if you have one in your area). They run a 40% off regular price coupon often.

kowAlski631

Yesterday (Sat, Jan 12th) found at AC Moore 1 lb baby yarn skein normally selling for $8.99/skein for $6/skein. Nice working yarn & they had a variety of colors there.

Martha

kowAlski631

Knitting & crocheting like a crazy woman here. No babies due in our family or our friends families right now, so this keeps me out of trouble & is for such a worthy cause I love it.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Martha can you bring some of your blankets to Lancaster so we can all see what you have done? Because of Superstorm Sandy we will not be able to go to Goshen. Please share with us before you go!

kowAlski631

I'm meeting Cheryl to give them over to her since we live relatively close. We won't be able to go to Goshen since we have a long planned trip with some old friends. But I suspect that Cheryl & I can group after Lancaster (is that ok with you, Cheryl?) which will give me more creating time. But no prob - either way will bring some with me.

Martha

lew2885

Re: Blankets for babes at the Gillette rally

I'm here! Yes, save the blankets for Goshen unless someone wants to head that idea up for Gillette. Gillette is cold too in the winter!!!

But I will be sponsoring my "Babies Wrapped in Love" program in '13 in Goshen.

Thanks for asking!

I'll gladly do blankets or sac/hat combos like 2 years ago. Please advise. Rita Lewis #1304

dieselsweetheart

Re: Blankets for babes at the Gillette rally

Hi Rita!! Crochet/knit away!!! There is also a thread on the general forum....Babies Wrapped in Love..... check it out!

Thanks!

dieselsweetheart

I just started my first blanket...it's blue... someone donated about a dozen of the fleece receiving blankets to me so that's a good start!

Status
Not open for further replies.