PDA

View Full Version : Replacing TV antenna head

Clint
05-29-2012, 05:50 AM
I have an "Antenna Tec" antenna and I want to replace the head only if I can. Does anyone know if a Winegard Sensar IV would fit on the Antenna Tec mast ?

DougAndJudy
05-29-2012, 06:55 AM
I have an "Antenna Tec" antenna and I want to replace the head only if I can. Does anyone know if a Winegard Sensar IV would fit on the Antenna Tec mast ?

Yes! Just take out the pins at the top of the mast and swap heads.

Ray LeTourneau
05-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Doug is correct but you might consider replacing it with the Jack antenna (http://tweetys.com/jack-for-free-off-air-digital-replacement-antenna.aspx). It supposedly has better reception and a wider "beam". I know several have put one on their Heartland Rigs and are pleased with the improvement.

TravelTiger
05-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Check the clearance around the head before replacing, we determined the Wingard would not clear the 2nd AC. The Jack TV head is a much smaller device and works great!

Erika

katkens
05-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Doug is correct but you might consider replacing it with the Jack antenna (http://tweetys.com/jack-for-free-off-air-digital-replacement-antenna.aspx). It supposedly has better reception and a wider "beam". I know several have put one on their Heartland Rigs and are pleased with the improvement.

Just replaced ours with the Jack antenna , simple install, the reception has been awesome. It is a lot smaller than any of the batwing type antennas.....Kenny

Clint
05-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks everyone .... you've been a big help

kakampers
05-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Just replaced ours with the Jack antenna , simple install, the reception has been awesome. It is a lot smaller than any of the batwing type antennas.....Kenny

Same Here...and it fits fine on the Antenna Tec mast....

rick_debbie_gallant
05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Here is a link to my next "must have": The jack antenna and a signal status tester. Prices look pretty darn good also.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/tv-antennas/tv-signal-finder.htm

mrcomer
05-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Well thanks to this thread I now have a new Jack Antenna Head coming. Thanks for the link to PPL, that is one great price. I'll probably order the meter next but want to see how the head does by itself.

Mark

rick_debbie_gallant
05-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Well thanks to this thread I now have a new Jack Antenna Head coming. Thanks for the link to PPL, that is one great price. I'll probably order the meter next but want to see how the head does by itself.

Mark

Oops I think you missed the price of the jack antenna. they had it also for 37 bucks!:eek:

HERE: http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/tv-antennas/rv-digital-antenna.htm

Rrloren
05-30-2012, 06:57 AM
This thread cost me 45 bucks too. Delivery tomorrow.

mrcomer
05-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Oops I think you missed the price of the jack antenna. they had it also for 37 bucks!:eek:

HERE: http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/tv-antennas/rv-digital-antenna.htm

I did get it for $37.00, very happy.

CliffP
05-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Did any of you use the signal meter on your tv and test before and after the Jack antenna? I haven't seen more than 50% signal with the factory antenna. We'll be ordering the Jack before our next trip.

mnkamper
05-30-2012, 08:16 AM
We ordered the Jack today too....thanks for the link!

gmc
05-30-2012, 08:31 AM
I too installed the Jack. Great product works much better than any batwing antenna.

mrcomer
05-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Maybe Heartland will get a look at this and consider installing these at the factory.

Rrloren
05-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Did any of you use the signal meter on your tv and test before and after the Jack antenna? I haven't seen more than 50% signal with the factory antenna. We'll be ordering the Jack before our next trip.

I did check the oem antenna as it sits in my yard. Tested 4 positions then ran the scan and recorded number of channels detected and number actually viewable from the 4 positions. Will check again once the Jack is installed.

CliffP
05-31-2012, 12:37 AM
I did check the oem antenna as it sits in my yard. Tested 4 positions then ran the scan and recorded number of channels detected and number actually viewable from the 4 positions. Will check again once the Jack is installed.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the results!

mrcomer
05-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Ordered mine yesterday from PPL and received it today. It came from Elkhart Indiana. Hopefully get it installed this weekend. WooHoo!

danemayer
05-31-2012, 04:41 PM
You guys convinced me. I ordered one earlier this week - arrived today. I went over to the storage lot and installed it. Very easy. Also replaced the in-roof male-to-male junction and connectors on either side while at it. If while on the roof, you push the cable down a few inches, it's easy to get to from inside.

The TV signal strength meter has four levels: none, poor, fair and good. Before starting, I had no signal on one local channel. Afterward, the TV signal strength showed Good.

Rrloren
05-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Installed mine and tested in 4 positions 90 degrees apart with old antenna and the Jack antenna.
The old antenna picked up a total of 20 channels from all 4 positions , the Jack picked up a total of 23 channels. I do have quite a few trees on the property so maybe in a more open spot it would be more impressive, we'll see when were on the road.

superduty08
05-31-2012, 10:04 PM
I just ordered mine tonight. I have had trouble in several areas that I travel and really look for the improved signal.

mrcomer
06-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Well I told a friend of mine about this and he is very interested in it too. He is going to wait to see how mine works out first. He does not have a computer do I have been printing off info on both the replacement head and the signal finder. After all this I went ahead and ordered the signal finder today, will probably get it tomorrow if it ships from Elkhart like the head did. Now to find time this weekend to mount them and try them out.

Mark

mrcomer
06-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Here is some more info from King Controls

Boca_Shuffles
06-19-2012, 12:42 PM
I went to the PPL website and they had the whole jack antenna unit on sale for about $125. This has the built-in signal meter.

Since this unit doesn't have to be lowered, it will remove one of those "don't forget to ..." items for breaking camp.