Fantastic Fan Help

crmfghtr

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post in this forum. I just picked up my new 2013 Landmark Key Largo on friday 8-10-12 at Mantecca RV. During the walk through, I don't believe they showed me how to operate the Fantastic Fan in the kitchen. It appears the fan is controlled through the dometic climate control on the wall but I'm not sure what zone it is in. I apoligize if I sound naive, but I'm still trying to get the glaze off my eyes so I can think straight. Anyone know where I can get more information on how to operate this? I could not find any paperwork on the fan in my package.

Thanks

danemayer

Hi crmfghtr,

Congratulations on your Key Largo and welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here to wipe away the glaze. There are also a great bunch of people here who are happy to share their knowledge and experience.

Hopefully, someone with a 2013 Key Largo can give you a precise answer pretty quickly.

You probably have the new A/C system and I don't know if the A/C controls are tied in with the Fantastic Fan. On our 2011 Landmark, there is a control for the Fantastic Fan that's located next to the thermostat. If there's no 2nd control on the wall, it might be one of the functions built into the remote.

That's the extent of my guesswork. Someone who knows will probably chime in shortly.

chasdvorak

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You Fantastic Fan sounds similar to the one I have on my BigHorn. Mine is activated by using the Fantastic Fan thermostat which is located above the heater/AC thermostat. Being a thermostat, you have to set the temperature level below the actual temperature of your coach or the unit will not activate. Also, be sure that the on/off switch at the base of the unit is in the on position. If you are still having problems getting it started, check your breakers/fuses for power issues. You can also try turning the knob on the fan manually to ensure it is not binding.

Once again, welcome to the Heartland forum and best wishes with your new coach.

Chuck Dvorak

crmfghtr

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You Fantastic Fan sounds similar to the one I have on my BigHorn. Mine is activated by using the Fantastic Fan thermostat which is located above the heater/AC thermostat. Being a thermostat, you have to set the temperature level below the actual temperature of your coach or the unit will not activate. Also, be sure that the on/off switch at the base of the unit is in the on position. If you are still having problems getting it started, check your breakers/fuses for power issues. You can also try turning the knob on the fan manually to ensure it is not binding.

Once again, welcome to the Heartland forum and best wishes with your new coach.

Chuck Dvorak

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response. The only control(s) on the wall is the Dometic AC control and a heater thermostat control above that. I have a 08 keystone outback and it has a seperate fantastic fan control on the wall beside the AC control. I can see the switch is in the ON position on the fan. When I was doing my walk through, it was running I just forgot to ask them how to operate it. There were so many other things I was trying to get looked at. I went to the fantastic fan web site but it appears there are several different models I'm not sure which one I have.

crmfghtr

Hi and thank you. yes it has the New Whisper quite dual AC unit. When it was running at the dealer lot it was 104 outside and humid. Inside the key largo it was a confortable 80 degrees, with all 4 zones running. Very impressed with that feature.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hello,
Thanks for your quick response. The only control(s) on the wall is the Dometic AC control and a heater thermostat control above that. I have a 08 keystone outback and it has a seperate fantastic fan control on the wall beside the AC control. I can see the switch is in the ON position on the fan. When I was doing my walk through, it was running I just forgot to ask them how to operate it. There were so many other things I was trying to get looked at. I went to the fantastic fan web site but it appears there are several different models I'm not sure which one I have.

That "heater" thermostat is probably the thermostat for the fantastic fan. Usually the heater/AC thermostat is in the same control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crmfghtr

That "heater" thermostat is probably the thermostat for the fantastic fan. Usually the heater/AC thermostat is in the same control.

Ok, let me try playing with that. I tried the AC control. On the AC control there is a Fan mode but I was not able to get it to open and work in Fan mode in any of the zones. I have not tried the heater control yet.

crmfghtr

You were right. That is not the heater control as I thought. It is the thermostat that operates the Fantastic Fan. Problem Resolved, Thanks everyone for your help. Glad to be part of the family, looking forward to many miles and adventures...