un happy heartland owner

n2snow2

:mad:my trailer just returned from heartland. they had to fix the frame flex problem.it was under warranty. i went to pick it up and no one can tell me what was done to it . to fix the problem.factory says i wouldnt understand what was done and dealer doesnt know. no one has even tried to explain anything what are they trying to hide i dont know of any company that performs warranty work but cant tell you what they have done.or some kind of invoice would be nice..are we suposed to take there word for it. i dont think so.they didnt take my word that those were hundred dollor bills i paid for it with they counted it. not once did anyone say its ok we trust you...... :confused:

Realist

Hmm, I'm thinking that thy welded up any broken welds, welded a plate over the area and added some gussets.
What else could they do?
What other information do you require? What kind of weld, wire, stick weld, what size rod they used? How much amperage, what type of gas?
For me, all I would want to know is that it is fixed and I can use and enjoy my rig.
You should consider that as well and not dwell on the repair procedure.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Realist

n2snow2

realist why cant they show something on the record that yes there was or is a problem.and that they tried to fix it they cant even tell me that they did weld it or whatever. so i can have a piece of mind maybe. or the poor guy or gal i pawn it of to or might just keep it as a big billboard advertising why not to buy a heartland product............................

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
You might want to read this thread about frame flex and what some of the other people had to say.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/34598-Frame-Flex?highlight=Flex+problem

brianharrison

n2snow2,

I am not sure if you are asking for help/solutions or you are looking to vent. I make the assumption you are looking for help/assistance.

I cannot imagine the factory responding with you "wouldn't understand what was done" - a call HL customer service with your VIN and explaining your situation should resolve the concerns - if the repairs were done at the HL factory.

Brian

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok, if I understand, you took your trailer to your dealer and they sent it to Heartland. Heartland fixed the trailer and sent it back to your dealer. You want to know everything they did to fix your problem.

Question.. Did they fix it??

I took my 2008 to the factory in 2010 and had the front fixed from flexing. They pulled the BR slide out, opened the side of the trailer and welded support on the frame.I have had no further problems. And they fixed a number of items in and around the trailer that they never told me about. I found out after getting it back and going around inside. Fantastic.

I really don't care what they did to fix it. Just that it was fixed and was nicely suprised that they had inspected my trailer and repaired things I knew nothing about.

So, again, did they fix it?? If so then what's the beef. If it had been a SOB you may not have gotten it fixed. So take it out and have fun. They could have said Tough Ship like some other mfgrs would have.

FWIW
BC

jbeletti

i have posted there also but they keep removing my post........
Your posts are repetitive. There is no reason for you to post this over and over again on this forum. Statement made and heard. Kindly refrain from making posts on this forum that repeat this same matter. If you have new information to add - no problem, please add it.
Thanks,
Jim

whanner

On the other hand there is nothing wrong with explaining the work you did to his rig. What's the big secret?

brianharrison

Nope, nothing wrong with explaining the work done to fix the rig - everyone needs a level of information to make him/her comfortable that the problem was resolved. Some more than others.

Heartland has a reputation of helping owners - I cannot imagine the OP's queries were dismissed or diminished by Heartland in the way described in the original post.

The OP has not circled back to add additional information.

The spirit of this community/forum is to help each other - and it does it well. "Flaming" or running around the forum posting the same negative comments does not help. My thoughts......

Brian

aatauses

I am not sure where you had the work completed, we had the same issue and took it directly to HL in IN. I sent a previous post on how professionally we were treated, but will repeat the highlights here. Warmly greeted by the receptionist, Kristin. Our tech Eric had a bay ready with power for the refer and invited me back to see progress anytime I wanted. I did check on it 2-3 times during the week at which time in addition to Eric the tech walked me through every step that they were doing. We picked it up on Thursday, as planned and Eric wanted us to go to a local RV park and call if we had any issues. The service, expertise, and professionalism was GREAT.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

eddylives

I myself would not accept the I don't know answer.
You know what was done to fix it and explain it to me regardless.
I myself build and design things much more complex than a simple trailer frame.....I re-design and repair the poor designs of many transport trailers and such lol
Just let them know that you will not be baffled by their secret fix lol , there may be issues with the fix in the future.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would believe the I don't know answer is correct. If he was working with a dealer. I would think the dealer sent it to HL and HL fixed it and sent it back. I would bet the dealer did not ask what they did, and therefore can not tell them what HL did. I would give Customer Service at HL a call and just ask them. Not the dealer. Just my two cents worth.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I believe the repair process is specific to the issues discovered in the particular coach. The general repair scenario I have read here is what we experienced as well. I would call Heartland directly, and ask to speak to the customer service folks that did this specific work, (Eric McDaniel for example) and they probably have information on file (of the repair) for your VIN. I doubt however that they would be willing to put this information in writing, for legal reasons.

We didn't actually see the details of our coach-work... we showed up to view the progress when they had already replaced the fiberglass, but I trust the work was done and I am extremely happy with the results.

Erika

Geodude

I am not sure where you had the work completed, we had the same issue and took it directly to HL in IN. I sent a previous post on how professionally we were treated, but will repeat the highlights here. Warmly greeted by the receptionist, Kristin. Our tech Eric had a bay ready with power for the refer and invited me back to see progress anytime I wanted. I did check on it 2-3 times during the week at which time in addition to Eric the tech walked me through every step that they were doing. We picked it up on Thursday, as planned and Eric wanted us to go to a local RV park and call if we had any issues. The service, expertise, and professionalism was GREAT.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

Thanks for this post, I have a rendezvous with Eric and company set for early August. It sounds like they take good care of people.

Greengas

Hmm, I'm thinking that thy welded up any broken welds, welded a plate over the area and added some gussets.
What else could they do?
What other information do you require? What kind of weld, wire, stick weld, what size rod they used? How much amperage, what type of gas?
For me, all I would want to know is that it is fixed and I can use and enjoy my rig.
You should consider that as well and not dwell on the repair procedure.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Realist

Considering all the issues I'm having with my new Landmark I fully understand not only the desire but also the need to know what was done to fix a problem. I'm sorry, but "we took care of it" just won't fly anymore. When I get my coach back from the dealer this time I am going to go over it with a fine tooth comb. They are not only going to say and put in writing what they did, but they are going to show me as well. I think as owners we need to get away from the idea that you should always expect to have some problems with any RV and that most of them we should just fix ourselves. If you paid 80K for a Mercedes or Jag would you accept a panel out of alignment, or lose screws? I think not. Owners should send their rig back in to the dealer, or an authorized repair facility, for even the smallest warranty based item. Maybe if HL (and all the other manufacturers) get enough warranty bills they will put more effort into their quality control.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

SeldomSeen

Sorry to hear about your experiences with Heartland, I've always had pretty good luck with them. Don't give up just keep trying!

whp4262

Considering all the issues I'm having with my new Landmark I fully understand not only the desire but also the need to know what was done to fix a problem. I'm sorry, but "we took care of it" just won't fly anymore. When I get my coach back from the dealer this time I am going to go over it with a fine tooth comb. They are not only going to say and put in writing what they did, but they are going to show me as well. I think as owners we need to get away from the idea that you should always expect to have some problems with any RV and that most of them we should just fix ourselves. If you paid 80K for a Mercedes or Jag would you accept a panel out of alignment, or lose screws? I think not. Owners should send their rig back in to the dealer, or an authorized repair facility, for even the smallest warranty based item. Maybe if HL (and all the other manufacturers) get enough warranty bills they will put more effort into their quality control.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

I'm not involved in manufacturing RVs but I do have some experience in manufacturing. It is very possible that Heartland doesn't know what was done to correct the flexing problem on your coach because they do not build the frame. Chances are the frame manufacturer used a field rep to inspect the frame and submit his findings to engineering. Engineering would analyze the problem and develop an engineering order or drawing containing materials and processes for the repair. This would be handed over to the repair techs who would initiate the repair in accordance with the drawing or work order. This drawing or work order would have a number that would be triggered or tied to the VIN number of the frame. In this case the only way you could find out what had been done would be to talk with the tech who did the work, or the engineer that did the drawing or by obtaining the work order or drawing which might be company proprietary information which means you probably won't be able to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free