Exterior protection

Hsoule

I have a 2008 Heartland Big Country 3490 BHS and just love it. My question is, what is the best product to protect the fiberglass siding and decals from fading and to keep the unit shining?

danemayer

Hi Hsoule,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sure you'll get a bunch of recommendations shortly.

rjr6150

Another vote for Rejex used it on our 09 BH and now use it on the LM. Works great on our vehicles also

sjs731

X3 for Rejex. Black streaks wipe right off and bugs wash right off.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KaosAD

+2 on NuFinish, used on my trailer and on my trucks for years now. I used Meguiars for a long time then I tried NuFinish again, it's easier, lasts longer and cheaper, plus it doesn't harm vinyl decals.

GOTTOYS

Rejex, Nu-Finish, Simonize Ice are all polymer coatings that work well. Easy to put on and take off last quite awhile. These products are similar to the coating dealers try to sell you for $1,000 or more with the claim they will protect your rig for several years...then they charge you more to reapply it every year as part of their "maintenance program". This was a huge moneymaker at car dealerships I have worked at....Don

Eddhuy

Nu-Finish is a polymer that has silicone in it whereas Rejex is a polymer only. The silicone will give you grief if you want to repaint at a later time. Rejex was developed by the military to protect airplanes from the harmful effects of jet engine exhaust. When marketed outside the military they changed it to have a high shine.

Vtxkid

Aerospace 303 is what I use for our RV... Great for the decals and has SPF 40 sunblocker. 3 years old and still looks like new!

EandJ

So I read the thread a while back where a regularly waxed fiver was looking a bit faded after several years and was brought back to life over three days with stripping off the wax and floor polish. I can't find the thread now, but I did print it out for future reference.

If I start my still new NorthTrail on Reflex, can I avoid the above outcome in 5 years or so? Or do you have to strip of the built up Reflex?

Eddhuy

My understanding is that it will not keep building up. Also Rejex does not include uv blockers specifically but does help protect the surface from uv simply because it does not wear off for about 6 months and applying 2 coats within 8 hours gives the deepest shine and best protection. Temperatures should not exceed 85 degrees during application and should not go over wax because then it only binds to the wax and will need to be replaced sooner than normal.