Need longer Mirrors Dodge Ram 2500

RollingStones

Big Horn 3610RE
First time with a 5th Wheel. Truck mirrors are just to short to see much. Looked at Camping world and found suction cup add on mirrors, & clip on mirrors. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Consider buying aftermarket tow-worthy replacements! Well worth it! We found ours on Amazon. You can find info and videos on how to replace your mirrors online, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
First time with a 5th Wheel. Truck mirrors are just to short to see much. Looked at Camping world and found suction cup add on mirrors, & clip on mirrors. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

What year is your truck?
My '06 3500 has the tow mirrors that flip up from horizontal to vertical for towing. Have you tried flipping yours up?
I added one extra spot mirror to the passenger side and they work very well.
I have towed two rigs over 30K miles with this setup. They provide a good visual. Never any problems. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
What year is your truck?
My '06 3500 has the tow mirrors that flip up from horizontal to vertical for towing. Have you tried flipping yours up?
I added one extra spot mirror to the passenger side and they work very well.
I have towed two rigs over 30K miles with this setup. They provide a good visual. Never any problems. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Best towing mirror out there for OEM if you ask me.

My 12 Ford mirrors suck compared to Dodges. Extended out is just not enough. I can't see behind the trailer with the passenger mirror. I have to give the pickup a wiggle to swing the rear of the trailer over to see behind it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

BillnKaren

My 2006 Ram 2500HD came with the short mirrors. I ordered the OEM towing mirrors (Flip up when towing) on ebay - I paid just under $200 WITH SHIPPING for them. Took about 10 minutes to install.
Hope this helps.

TravisJen

I remember the day that I picked up our Torque 321 from the dealer and pulled it 150 km to home. I cursed the whole time about how useless the OEM Dodge mirrors were. That was until I pulled in the driveway and my neighbor flipped them into the vertical position lol

brw549

RollingStones I feel your pain. I have a Dodge Ram 2500 with every tow feature possible but, no towing mirrors. I have a BC3650RL and fortunately there was a Camping World just down the street from where I picked up my new camper. I purchased the strap on type and they have worked very well. Considering the cost and how often you may use them I feel they are a great alternative.

szewczyk_john

Geno's Garage is a speciality parts and tool order house. THey sell the replacement heated tow mirrors for 150.00 each side. For those that do not know about Geno's or the Turbo Diesel Register. I think both are a must have for anyone that owns a cummins powered dodge. I can say that I have learned alot from the magazine and web site. It pretty much is just like this heartland owners site except for dodge ram owners. check it out.

rgkelley

Just installed a set of towing mirrors on a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500. Mirrors are power, heated, turn signals, and puddle lights. Got them for $271.70 shipped to my door from AM-Autoparts.com. Easy to install. took less than a hour to install both.

jimtoo

Hi rgkelley,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

57chevyconvt

Another good source for truck mirrors and parts is www.rockauto.com. One of the best websites for parts selection and information. I have been buying auto and truck parts from them for years. Great selections, good prices, and fast shipment/delivery.