PDA

View Full Version : Join The North texas Chapter!

iefpro01
11-13-2007, 12:03 PM
:rolleyes: Please see attachement and flyer! We are a brand new group - and are seeking the founding membership! We have no clue what we are doing - but Curtis and I want to have lot's of fun - so hurry up and help us figure out how to have that fun! LOL!

Terry MacQueen
12-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Howdy Folks...what part of Texas are you located in? We have not been able to find any RV camping groups anywhere around the Texarkana area.

jpmorgan37
12-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Terry;

Have you checked into the Good Sam Club? There is a local chapter in Texarkana that call themselves the Vagabond Sam's. I know we had a lot of fun in our group when we lived in Minnesota.

Cooper
12-06-2007, 07:51 AM
We are located in the Dallas area but, would be glad to have you. When in Texarkana I stay in Shady Oak's RV Park. It is a real nice park. I would like to plain a group trip to Texarkana it's a nice area.

caddojay
12-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Well, alright! We are based at Caddo Lake in Uncertain Texas. We travel about 3 months a year and my DW stays in the unit in Sacshe when she's working in Richardson. We'd be interested in getting involved with a group.

iefpro01
12-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Great Caddojay! We are just taking names for now and building a list of interested folks. We hope to actually begin to do activities next year.

Cooper
01-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Our local dealer (Explorer USA) has sent out flyers in order to reach those of us who do not get on the forum. We have received a few responses and I believe we will have a good size club. For those of you that are waiting to see what happens? It will be the people that make this club not a select few. We have some great plans and hope to get your ideas on club activities even if it is just vegetating which I need to do sometime.
Have a good day and keep the sunny side up.:rolleyes:

Cooper
02-08-2008, 07:58 AM
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/heartlandownersclub_logo.jpg (//heartlandowners.org/index.php)

This will be the first meeting of the North Texas Heartland Owners Club. What we would like to do is let you choose to have a Dinner, Breakfast meeting or have a Camp Out at a local RV park. The first meeting would be a get to know you event. I think that's very important to see if we click and get some of our ideas out on the table. Also need some suggestion on a central location for the meeting.

Please RSVP
curtisdoyle@sbcglobal.net

carl.shea@enternetnow.com

htneighbors
02-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Living in OKC and not seeing any OK Chapter, I would like to attend if my schedule allows; I'd like to see what goes on at these meetings - since ya'll seem to know what you're doing!! I should be taking possession of my (first RV) Cyclone within the next couple of weeks! I'll keep tuned in to this thread - who knows, may just meet some Heartland Owners!!!

PS - Originally from TEXAS, been in OK for about 12 years. DW & I sometimes feel like 'foreign missionaries'!

Cooper
02-08-2008, 02:56 PM
htneighbor it does not matter where you are located we welcome any Heartland Owner and hope you can attend. We are now deciding on a location and event once we get that established we will let everyone know.

iefpro01
02-08-2008, 04:16 PM
htneighbors - Man-O-Man, you mean they haven't boiled you and eaten you for dinner in 12 years! LOL As Cooper said you would be more than welcome to join our group - in this case we could just adopt those Okies!

Looking forward to seeing you all!None

jbeletti
02-08-2008, 04:28 PM
htneighbors,

I see you've been adopted by your neighbors. That's great. Feel free to join any chapter that works for you.

When sufficient interest is generated in any state, we'll instantly create a chapter so long as we get someone to step forward to be chapter leader.

Have fun at the TX rally and enjoy your new Cyclone.

Jim

htneighbors
02-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Once a TEXAN, always a TEXAN!! Just living in another country for a while!

Cooper
02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Correct born a Texas you die a Texan no matter where your at.

Cooper
02-14-2008, 07:53 AM
The first meeting of The North Texas Heartland Owners Club.
(PLEASE REPLY)
It looks like the majority of the group are for a Camp Out.
The majority of you have come up with March 29/30 or April 5/6 weekends for a camp out. We need to pick one of these weekends (hope for good weather) and a location.
Remember everyone may not be please on locations or date but, as a member every person counts and we hope you will attend even if the time and location is not convenient.

Location Suggested:
We need your suggestion on other locations or vote on the one's below. Let's try to stay around a 2 hour drive our first time out.
Remember some State Parks have limits on size of RV's, some only have 30 AMP hook ups and some do not have full hookup's which for a couple day's would be ok.
We need to make reservation to be assured a spot.

RV Ranch South of Fort Worth on 35 W
The Vineyards RV Park in Grapevine
Ray Roberts State Park
Shady Oaks Texarkana
Eisenhower State Park
Bob Sandlin State Park
Whispering Pines near Tyler
America RV in Corsicana
Mitchell's in Perrin
Caddo Lake State Park

Cooper
02-19-2008, 03:46 PM
The votes are in the first meeting of The Heartland Owners Club Of North Texas will be at the Vineyard in Grapevine on March 29/30. I will be there on the evening of the Friday 28.
Now I need to know how many can attend so that I can make Reservations. I will try to get us in one area but their pull thru are scattered. After I make the Reservations everyone can call the Vineyards to take care of their own site. Remember its a Corp. of Engineers park so not all sites have full hook ups.
The 2nd meeting will be set up at our first meeting and a location will be decided then. I hope we can visit all of your favorite spots by having a meeting at a different spot each time.
We may have a representative from Explorer USA pay us a visit.

Reservations 888-329-8993

WE HOPE YOU ALL CAN ATTEND.

Cooper
02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I have reserved 10 sites available are 28,30,32,34,36,38,41 (pull thru),45,47,49
Until Friday Feb. -15 thatís as long as the Park would hold them.:eek: All sites have 50 AMP

Cooper
02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Here is the Vineyards web site sorry for not putting it up earlier. http://www.vineyardscampground.com
The response is great for the first meeting of
The North Texas Heartland Owners Club Camp Out.
We only have a few reserved sites left.

Cooper
02-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Email from Rosie at The Vineyards.

Hi Curtis,

Glad to have your club come to the Vineyards. Right now we have a few sites left in the reserved area. If there are more people who are going to be with your group, they need to make there reservations as soon as possible as March starts our busy season and we cannot hold sites past Friday 02-22-08 after that it will be just whats availble :eek:. If you have any questions please e-mail us or call us at 888-329-8993.

Please tell the attendant that you are part of the Heartland group when you make a reservation.

Rosie, Park Attendant

The Vineyards Campground Staff

Visit www.vineyardscampground.com (http://www.vineyardscampground.com) for a virtual tour

thevineyards@grapevinetexas.gov

817-329-8993
888-329-8993

theharveys
02-27-2008, 09:23 AM
I have talked with Floyd at The Vineyards and we will be joining the North Texas group for the inaugural rally! We also would like to join the North Texas chapter of the Heartland Owners Group.
It will be our first camping trip with our new trailer. Looking forward to meeting everybody. I will be arriving on Friday afternoon.

Cooper
02-29-2008, 11:21 AM
The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 1st. meeting and Camp Out is now set for March 29/30. We only have a few site's left in the reserved area. The Vineyards is a good size park but, it stay's booked year around.
Explorer USA has generously supplied Saturday BBQ lunch for all Heartland owners that have registered for the Camp Out (Meeting). Explorer USA will be a sponsor of this meeting of the Heartland Owners Club. An Explorer USA representative will also be on hand for the lunch/meeting on Saturday.
There is no registration fee for the Camp Out (meeting). Please register by March 15-08.
All you have to do is pay for your campsite fee with the Vineyards and register with Carl or Curtis / info is at the bottom of the page.

Visit www.vineyardscampground.com for a virtual tour
thevineyards@grapevinetexas.gov
817-329-8993
888-329-8993

Please contact for registration for the meeting below.
Carl Shea at Carl.shea@enternetnow.com or
Curtis Doyle at cdoyle3@csc.com
If you do not have email then please call 214-336-2267

Cooper
03-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Only 14 camping days left till the North Texas Heartland Owners Club first Camp Out meeting. :cool::cool:

Here are a few more pic of the Vineyards and my 5th wheel.:rolleyes:

Cooper
03-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Well it Wednesday and 5ers will start showing up on Thursday March 27. I will drop by and check on you Thursday.
I am looking forward to meeting all of you and making new friends and seeing old friends.

leftyf
03-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Hope you guys have a great time. I'll make one of your meetings sometime soon.

Cooper
03-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Lefty, everyone's welcome to come to any meeting are camp out. One catch your fisrt meeting you have to supply the refreshments:rolleyes:. Ok maybe you just have to show up no obligations.

Cooper
03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
http://www.texasoutside.com/txorails//campground/photo3/116/100_4307.jpg?1200696942This is the pavilion we are using and we are parked just in front of it. Off to the right is a Horse Shoe Pit, to the left is a fishing dock, behind is a big fire pit and two BBQ's.
In the distance you can see hundreds of sail boats and a restrauant and bait shop called Big Daddy's.
Next week I will post pictures of the entire area and everyones 5er and the meeting details.
Have a good weekend and keep the sunny side up.

jbeletti
03-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Have a great rally Cooper! Wish I could have been there.

Cooper
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM
I hope to get enough pictures and info to show how the whole weekend turns out. I hope the weather holds we have a chance of rain.

Cooper
04-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Well the camp out / meeting is over.

We thought it was over Friday night about 4:00AM it rained and rained hard. The water was just a few feet from our trailers but, the rain passed and we did not float away.
I believe the camp out was a success. We had the greatest bunch of people that you could find anywhere. I now consider each of them a good friend.
The meeting went great and the food that was provided (BBQ) was excellent. The food was provided by one of our vendors Explorer USA.
During the meeting Sean Chaney from Explorer USA lead a discussion on unit issues from technical issues to service.
As the meeting progressed we discussed how we would like to see the club run. When we would have the next meeting, the locations and how we would handle all decisions as a group.
Last but, not least who will bring the desert to the meetings.:confused:

Cooper
04-10-2008, 10:08 AM
The next meeting of The North Texas Heartland Owners Club will be held in June. We are now trying to pick out a spot for the Camp Out.
So if you want to visit with the club send me an email and I will put you on our email list.
The Club with one rule, join us to find out about our rule.:confused:

jimtoo
04-10-2008, 11:57 AM
There was a time or two of delays, but for the last day or so it has been really good. Very fast, except the pictures are a little slow maybe, taking about 12 to 16 seconds for each to load.

Cooper
04-16-2008, 07:37 AM
The second meeting of The North Texas Heartland Owners Club will be in June. Voting for the next location and time is going on now. In order to make reservation we need to get our votes in soon.
I have some reply's already and most for the dates of June 21/22 or 28/29. No location has been chosen yet.

Cooper
04-23-2008, 09:40 AM
OK, I called the reservation desk for Atlanta State Park they will not make a reservation unless we pay for one night in advance on each site.
$14.00 per night and park entrance fee when we arrive.
The area which Linda & Ray advised to stay in is called Knights Bluff which are pull thru and full hook ups.
So if you are attending you will need to call and make reservation and pay for one night ASAP.
The lady in reservations said that some of the sites in the area are all ready taken for June 20, 21 and 22 weekend.
For Reservation Call 512-389-8900 between 9am and 6pm (Mon-Fri).
Please let me know when you have made your reservations.

Thanks, I hope to see you all there for the Camp Out.

Cooper
04-24-2008, 07:07 AM
OK, guys just an FYI.
I called the reservation desk for the Atlanta State Park and they said there where only 11 sites left in the Knights Bluff area.
It also looks like everyone is for a cook out that Saturday night. So bring a little something for Saturday night,
A salad, potato salad, bake beans, casserole, chips,salsa, drinks or what ever you wish. I carry a BabyQ grill with me so if you need a place to cook your meat
( burgers, hot-dogs, chicken or what ever you like) your welcome to use my grill.
The most important is dessert so bring enough for me.
I will bring some of Jan's Baked Bean but, they are a little spicy.
Does anyone know if there is a fire pit? I think it would be nice to build a fire like we did at the last Camp Out.
Also would anyone be interested in meeting at a spot in the Dallas area Friday and travel to the Park together?

jimtoo
05-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi Cooper, have you got some signed up for the Camp Out at Atlanta SP? We are going to Branson rally and will be on the way back. Thinking about visiting with you guys. Providing you have fun and food and space for us.
Jim

Cooper
05-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Jimtoo, it would be great to have you stop and joins us at our Camp Out and anyone else that would like to.
We have most of the group signed up for the outing. As far as food we are having Pot Luck on Saturday night. It's kind of a share what you bring thing. I always have a package of bologna and some bread.:D
As far as fun we have horse shoes, we have tours of each other homes. We talk about repairs we have done and what we would like to do to our homes. We have the best group of RVer's (Friends) I have ever met.
So please stop by one and all.

d_morris_60
05-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I have a 3500 RL I purchased new back in December,would be nice to converse with local north Texas Folks.

Tip's Tricks n such.

Let me know !

Cooper
05-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Jimtoo, I forgot to mention that we will be at the Knights Bluff area of the Atlanta SP Tx.
Arriving Late Afternoon of June 20 and all day the 21 leaving Sunday.

Cooper
05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
If you are interested in joining The North Texas Heartland Owners Club or just camping out with us please contact me by email curtisdoyle@sbcglobal.net
cell 214-336-2267

Cooper
05-05-2008, 02:08 PM
D_Morris_60 contact me by email or cell from the above post at any time I will be glad to discuss our group or just past the time of day.

-

Cooper
05-06-2008, 07:33 AM
For Reservation for the Atlanta State Park near Texarkana Texas Call 512-389-8900 between 9am and 6pm (Mon-Fri). Day's reserved June 20 and 21 the Knights Bluff area.
Please let me know when you have made your reservations.

Cooper
05-27-2008, 08:23 AM
OK we have less than a month to go for the Atlanta State Park meeting. I hope everyone has gotten their reservation. I hope all members can attend. We look forward to seeing what you have done to personalize your rigg. It is also time to pick a new WAGON MASTER which we pick after 2 complete meeting.

Cooper
06-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Hello, North Texas Heartland Owners Group. I hope everyone is well and eager to travel the week end of the June 20th.
I was wondering if anyone would like to travel as a group to the Atlanta State Park on Friday the 20th.

Cooper
06-04-2008, 10:34 AM
At our next meeting at the Atlanta State Park we will vote in a new Wagon Master and he or she will have to be Wagon Master for 2 quarters. You do not have to be present to be voted in.This means finding a location each quarter for our Camp Out's and setting it all up I will help anyone that gets voted in as Wagon Master. If you would like to volunteer just let me know we will put your name on the ballet.

Cooper
06-13-2008, 09:49 AM
We now have just a week to go and I have heard so much about the Atlanta SP that I am ready to go now. But I have to make a living like everybody else.:mad: June 20, 21 & 22 2008
We will leave around 5 PM Friday and I just love going down 635 during rush hour. :eek:
Remember the POT Luck Dinner Saturday. It looks like we will have a good turn out by the emails I have received.
Remember this is the Meeting that we vote on a new Wagon Master.

If you have any minor repairs are issues that one of us can help you with let me know.
I look forward to seeing all of you again have a good day.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
Everyone is welcome to come we will be at the Knights Bluff area in the Atlanta State Park near Texarkana Texas.

Cooper
08-01-2008, 09:59 PM
If you are interested in joining The North Texas Heartland Owners Club or just camping out with us please contact me by email curtisdoyle@sbcglobal.net
cell 214-336-2267

Edd and Janet
08-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I just joined and would like to know if there is a lot of traveling together or just meeting up at a certain destination? What are the annual dues? What is the difference in a senior member and a junior member?

jbeletti
08-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Berry and Janet,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Senior and Junior member is a member status on the forum and is driven by number of posts on the forum only. The forum is separate from the Heartland Owners Club.

The club will be formally launched this October. At that time, a benefits list and membership fee will be announced.

Yes - we do travel together. Even though we have yet to formailze the club, we have formed many chapters around North America and have held many rallies. Check the Rallies section on the portal at www.heartlandowners.org for an upcoming rally near you and mark your calendar for our North American rally next June 11-14, 2008 in Goshen, Indiana. A rally not to miss!

Jim

Cooper
08-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Welcome to Anne G., Berry and Janet S. to the club. You are our newest members. We have members from all across Texas and Oklahoma. It does not matter where your from as long as you love to RV.

Cooper
11-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Hey Heartland Owners would any of you like to have a Breakfast get together Sat. 11-22 @ 7:30AM @ the Cracker-Barrel on 35 and I think it is exit. 520 Lewisville / Flower Mound area?
It has been awhile since I have heard from some of you and I think we could just have Breakfast and catch up.
Let me know?

Cooper
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
OK :rolleyes:the exit number was wrong but,you found the CrackerBarrel anyway. We had a good time and discussed the up coming year and things we would love to see happen with the club.
Now that the fuel price's are back down a little maybe we can start having a few camp out's in the Spring.
If you have any thoughts on this please let us know.

yondering
07-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Marshall , Texas here. wife ( Diana ) and myself both retired. Full timing for the second time in our Bighorn. Please let us hear from you. just joined the heartland owners club, think i listed Texas south on entry. God Bless ya, Al

Cooper
07-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Marshal send me an email at cdoyle3@csc.com

Cooper
03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
To who it may concern:
About the club, I have tried for four years to get a club going. Yes we have a lot of member but, only one or two ever wanted to do anything. I pushed the club and tried several events and meeting but, no luck. I think it has a lot to do with the economy and it takes money to do events and even meeting. It also cost a lot to RV which I still do.
What I am trying to say is even thou I would love to have a good club I am tired of working on the club and not getting a response. So I no long will be part of the club.

westxsrt10
03-05-2010, 11:16 AM
I think the large distances between Texas members is hurting the get-to-gethers. I feel I live in North Texas (Amarillo) but everyone tells me i'm wrong! Most events are 100's of miles from us so some feet dragging always occures.

jayc
03-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Cooper, I know its a couple of hundred miles, but you are welcome to come to the April rally in Spring. Westxsrt10, its a few hundred miles for you, but you could extend the trip if you want to. You can get the rally rate two days before and two days after the rally dates.

larryanddonnakeever
01-11-2011, 09:58 PM
We are looking for a chapter to join. I can't find one in Oklahoma. Since we travel to Texas a lot, we would like to join a chapter there. I would appreciate any information. Thanks Larry keever

jimtoo
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Larry,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

We currently do not have a North Texas Chapter going... Cooper tried to get one started, but just could not get anyone that wanted to help it seems. We do have a South Texas Chapter and have a couple of get to gathers planed. Check out this link to the Spring, Tx Rally. (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/19297-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-TX-Spring-4-15-2011-to-4-17-2011?p=150133) Jayc takes care of this one and we always have a great time.

Since your not to far from Texas...You might consider getting a Oklahoma--N Texas Chapter going. It's a great thing and lots of fun. If interested, let me know. Then I will have super salesman, Jim Beletti (Director or Owner Interest) contact you.... He probably will anyway... when he sees this. We are always looking for a way to expand our forum and family.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

larryanddonnakeever
01-11-2011, 10:54 PM
I would love to get a Okla. North Texas Texas chapter started..

jmgratz
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
FYI - As well as the April Texas Rally being held at Rayford Crossing in The Woodlands (north side of Houston), there will be an October Texas Rally being held in Canton at Mill Creek RV Resort. Canton is about 50 miles east of Dallas on I20.

mmomega
02-27-2011, 11:12 PM
I'd join a N.Texas chapter in a sec I also have another couple that would join/attend but they aren't Heartland owners(yet... I'm working on that part) but not everyone's perfect. We're both in the DFW metroplex and looking to go RV'ing as often as our schedule's allow, which is fairly often this yr and next.

jayc
02-28-2011, 11:15 AM
JD and Glenda, we'd love to see your new rig at the So. Texas chapter rally on April 15-17th at Rayford Crossing RV Resort in Spring TX, only a couple of hundred miles away. We're also having a rally in Canton TX in October if you can't make it in April. Both rallies can he found on the portal page or just click HERE (//heartlandowners.org/).

Hope to see you soon.

westxsrt10
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
I'd join a N.Texas chapter in a sec I also have another couple that would join/attend but they aren't Heartland owners(yet... I'm working on that part) but not everyone's perfect. We're both in the DFW metroplex and looking to go RV'ing as often as our schedule's allow, which is fairly often this yr and next.

I'd join too if the North Texas chapter was in North Texas not central Texas?

TravelTiger
02-28-2011, 06:09 PM
I'd join too if the North Texas chapter was in North Texas not central Texas?

We'd join a NTX Chapter. Some time has passed since this thread was started, is there anyone interested in leading one now?

larryanddonnakeever
02-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Cooper, I would like to get with you on a North Texas and / or a Oklahoma chapter. I have posted a thread with no answers.. I don't know if there are any Oklahoma HOA's out there. At Least they haven't said anything.. Let's try to get this thing going..

Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma City, OK.
HOA 1811
2011 BIGHORN RL 3585
2010 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4 dually Diesel

hcriddle
02-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Jay,

Maybe if you could get JD and Glenda down for the spring rally I could talk Maureen into that new Key Largo

jayc
02-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Buddy, I can picture you and Maureen in that KL. Wish they would come down and have some fun with us in April.

mmomega
02-28-2011, 10:28 PM
At the moment April is still up in the air but we'll know more in a week or two. I mentioned the Canton rally and she said it sounded good so we may be there for that one, it's definitely not far and we sometimes do the Canton Trade days as well, lots of good finds there. We are actually in Mansfield just 20mins south of Dallas and Ft Worth right in the middle under Arlington.

jayc
02-28-2011, 10:39 PM
JD,
I would be thrilled if someone wanted to step up and be the North Texas Chapter leader and will be glad to help in any way I can. We'd love to have anyone/everyone in the north Texas area come to either or both of our rallies.

mmomega
03-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Well until we get a leader I'd like to keep this topic somewhat fresh in everyones mind. I don't want interest to die out before it gets back off the ground. How's that Ram treating you Jayc? I've been looking and reading about each offering from the Ford, Dodge and GMC but haven't made my mind up 100% yet. I think I'm almost 50-50 between the ford and ram.

gratton
03-03-2011, 02:12 AM
We would join a North Texas Chapter.

iefpro01
03-05-2011, 02:34 PM
We orginally had a small group started, but most of us still worked full-time and was unable to perfome as a leader keeping the group together. We need someone to lead the group that can spend the time that it will take to get and keep things moving.

jayc
03-05-2011, 02:48 PM
We can set aside some time on Saturday afternoon at the October rally in Canton and work on the chapter if anyone is interested.

mmomega
03-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Still hoping to be able to make that one, we'll know soon enough I hope. We're going to be doing so many trips this year it's going to feel like we're full timers almost.
Lake Whitney next weekend. New Braunfels/Sattler memorial day weekend, hauling to SC/GA this July and taking a few stops along the way, then Canton in Oct. who knows what in between the dates we already have set.
Lake Whitney is going to be the 1st RV trip we've been able to take in over a year, so it's getting that time of the year to kick back and enjoy a few earned weekends.

billnsue
03-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Hello, we would love to join the North Texas Chapter. We will be moving from Georgia to Wichita Falls in a couple of weeks. Just had our first Georgia rally and it was awesome! So if you will have us we will sure to be involved!

texaseagle
06-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Would like to bring up the subject of a North Texas and Oklahoma Chapter again for us Heartland owners up here in the Texas Panhandle and Oklahoma area. Has anyone been working on getting a Chapter started we would be interested in joining one if they are. Most of the things going on in Texas are too far for us to travel on the weekend since we still work.

Jim Hart
Amarillo Texas
2011 BC 3250ts

jayc
06-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Jim,
We are working on a North Texas chapter. Larry Keever and I are going to talk about it at the October rally in Canton. Perhaps you would like to start a north west Texas chapter?

texaseagle
06-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Please keep us informed on your progress. We would like to go to the Canton rally, but have already made plans to go to Albuquerque Balloon Fieste that weekend. Don't know what is involve in starting a chapter, not sure if would have the time needed to start a chapter, but might be interested in doing what we could to help out. Still learning how to use this forum, not even good at that yet.

Jim Hart

jayc
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Jim, will do.

We love the Albuquerque Balloon festival and have been twice.

Rodney_M
08-05-2011, 11:26 PM
recently purchased new Heartland- Sundance trailer, and came accross this club.. my previous trailer was also by heartland- Prowler, but wasnt aware this existed til my recent purchase. My wife and I are in Oklahoma City, and would like to help be a part of North Texas or Oklahoma chapter.. let us know if we can help in any way. I recently sold my Prowler to a good friend, so perhaps I can get him to sign up as well to get more involved if there is still a drive behind getting this going. If this is for only North Texas, and not Oklahoma then I may be posting on wrong thread.

jayc
08-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Hi Rodney,
Welcome to being a Heartland owner. AS you can see, there are plenty of people here to answer questions.

We don't have a North Texas chapter yet, but that will be changing soon. You are welcome to join us in Canton in October. Hope to see you there!

Rodney_M
08-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Looking at the dates, it is highly possible we could attend. I'll have to check and see about availability of a spot etc. as well. with this being a rally, I am sure it may be hard to find a site.

JSMagill
08-23-2011, 10:54 AM
We recently purchased a Landmark San Antonio. We are members of a local Good Sams Club which was dying on the vine. It is now a thriving club with ten couples and almost all attend. Jerry and I are both willing to be involved in getting this new chapter started. We live in Oklahoma City along with two other couples from our camping club who are Heartland owners. Right here, we have six people. If Rodney and Sondra from OKC would like to join us, we can get this going and make it an exciting adventure.

Rodney_M
08-23-2011, 12:16 PM
what all is needed to get this started? I also have a friend who has a Prowler TT which I see is also listed with Heartland, so Im sure I could get them on board also..

jayc
08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Rodney, there are several people interested in starting chapters that will be in Canton with us, so we'll talk about it there.

Sandee1007
09-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi there, we purchased a Heartland Trailer and found out about this club. We would like to join your region since we live in Belton, TX. How do i go about getting information on rallies, campouts and other fun things going on. Would appreciate any feedback you could give us. Joe & SanDee Marks, 1007 Pin Oak Dr, Belton, TX 76513 sandee1007@att.net.

jimtoo
09-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi there, we purchased a Heartland Trailer and found out about this club. We would like to join your region since we live in Belton, TX. How do i go about getting information on rallies, campouts and other fun things going on. Would appreciate any feedback you could give us. Joe & SanDee Marks, 1007 Pin Oak Dr, Belton, TX 76513 sandee1007@att.net.

Hi Joe and SanDee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You will receive information from our other family members soon I'm sure,,since you raised your hand,,, your elected. The Portal Page (//heartlandowners.org/index.php?do=getnew) of the forum has all the rallies listed by state and also information on the Heartland Owners Club which is great.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit. I'm sure Jay or Jim B will be in contact soon.

Jim M

TravelTiger
09-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Welcome Joe and SanDee! We love more Texans! We have a Regional Rally happening in Canton, TX Oct 7-9. Y'all come!

Erika

jayc
09-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Hello Joe and SanDee and welcome. As Erika said, we have a rally scheduled for October 7-9th at the Mill Creek Ranch Resort in Canton TX and would love to have you join us. We still have a couple of sites left, so feel free to sign up and take one of them. Click HERE (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/20099-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-TX-Canton-10-7-2011-to-10-9-2011?p=154352)to go to the thread.

Hope to see you soon!

larryanddonnakeever
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Rodney. to answer your concern we are going to start a Oklahoma chapter. That also means everyone is welcome Oklahoma, Texas or any surrounding state. We had 5 rigs from Oklahoma at the Canton Tx. rally last weekend. We are serious about this chapter and intend to make it work. So far we have several folks interested, as well as many from the south Texas chapter willing to help by attending our rallies. There was 4 or 5 couples from the north Texas area expressing interest in this chapter. We are waiting for the go ahead, then we are going to get rolling.. Hope you will join us...

Larry and Donna Keever
Buddy our schnauser.
Oklahoma City, Ok.
2010 Ford F-350 FX4 Lariet 6.4 Diesel Dually
2011 BigHorn 3585 RL

Rodney_M
10-12-2011, 01:26 AM
The wife and I are both ready to help however we can. We still both work full time but take the 5er out every chance we get. We try to go at least once a month if not more. Now I just need to convince one of my friends and his wife who own a prowler to sign up here to owners group.

texaseagle
10-12-2011, 06:16 AM
My wife and I are also interested. I still work part time and my wife still works full time. We live in the Texas Panhandle so we are have been very interested in a chapter that is closer to home base and we are excited about an Oklahoma chapter starting. If we can be of any help let us know. Still trying to figure out this forum tried to reply to your private message, but don't know if it went through. Jim

mmomega
10-18-2011, 01:01 AM
So... any nominations yet for our Chapter Leader(s) coughcoughTravelTigercoughcough

TravelTiger
10-18-2011, 07:13 AM
Hey, I SAW that!

What about co-chapter leaders? Coughcoughmmomega&traveltigercoughcough

mmomega
10-18-2011, 04:31 PM
That may just be crazy enough to work ...

jimtoo
10-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Not sure,,, but bet you just voted yourself in.. :)

Hey Jim B,,,,,got a couple caught in the net... sign um up....

Rodney_M
10-19-2011, 12:17 AM
So are there 2 different chapters looking to form here? I see one referring to a new oklahoma chapter then another couple posts about a north texas one. From the sounds of it north texas group is looking at having events in central texas area. Sounds like sort of a pull in 2 different directions here.

mmomega
10-25-2011, 01:40 AM
A new Oklahoma chapter sis get started at the last Rally in Canton, TX. They seemed to have a well rounded group that always camps together and looks like the new chapter is in good hands. Doesn't look like they have their own forum section yet.

jayc
10-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't see this separation of chapters as pulling anyone. Texas is large enough to support four or five chapters and we currently have members from Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. As a HOC member, you can choose which rally to attend but your address or location will determine which chapter you actually belong in.

TravelTiger
10-25-2011, 05:40 PM
FYI, co-chapter leaders are not an option at this time, according to Jim Beletti. I believe the North Texas Chapter leader seat is still open. We liked the idea of a North Texas Chapter, along with JD and Glenda (mmomega), since both of us live in the DFW area. If someone with leadership ambitions and time wants to take this on, I'm sure you'd have us join as members.:)

E&T

Rodney_M
10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Iit wasnt my intention to make it sound like 2 chapters was a bad thing. Was looking more for clarification if only one chapter is being formed or 2. It sounds like a lot from central texas area are wanting to get new one going and also several on oklahoma. I'm fine with however they are formed. My wife and are just looking for a group to go out with 1 or 2 times a month and be able to travel to them without having to travel so far that we drive more than camp on the weekends. I may need to look into other rv clubs such as SkPs as well if the events are all scheduled too many hours away. We also plan on attending bigger events but tend to use the rv even if a short pull 1-2 times a month. We both still work fulltime and so have to plan in advance for any longer than a weekend event.

jayc
10-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Rodney, we have two chapter rallies a year, and would love to have you attend. Keep in mind that as a HOC member you can go to as many rallies as you want to. When the OK chapter gets started they will have their own rallies, so thats four a year you can choose from.

larryanddonnakeever
10-25-2011, 10:42 PM
jayc we are really wanting to get the Oklahoma Chapter cranked up and going. I have agreed to take the leadership roll. We have had a lot of interest shown already from Okla. and N. Texas.. What is the latest word on getting it going...
Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma City, OK

TXBobcat
10-26-2011, 12:59 AM
My wife and are just looking for a group to go out with 1 or 2 times a month and be able to travel to them without having to travel so far that we drive more than camp on the weekends. I may need to look into other rv clubs such as SkPs as well if the events are all scheduled too many hours away.

Rodney, you might try to make the Sweetheart Rally (http://www.rvrally.net/) in Kerrville TX over the valentine weekend. February 16,17,18,19, 2012. This is not a club, just a number of people getting togeather to have a good time. Check it out.

BC